    knowledgeable in this field can point me to the right direction, I will be
    forever thankful.

    Thanks in advance!
    BK, Nov 16, 2003

  2. BK

    MCSE World Guest

    You're pretty much right on in your assesment. You can easily upgrade your
    MCSE 2000 to MCSE 2003 by taking the 70-292 and 70-296 exams. Specialties
    do not upgrade directly and will require the appropriate exams at each
    level...so your MCSE: Security on Windows 2000 will not automatically become
    an MCSE: Security on Windows Server 2003.

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    "BK" <> wrote in message
    > Dear fellow ITs, I am thinking of pursuing MCSA and MCSE starting this
    > month. I am planning to do an emphasis in Security since I am very
    > interested in this whole field. My question is, should I take the 2000

    path

    MCSE World, Nov 16, 2003

  3. BK

    BK Guest

    thanks for the swift reply. So what do you say? In your opinion, should I
    start right away with the 2003 MCSA/E plan? or go 2000 and upgrade? If I
    choose to upgrade then I would have to pay extra $$ for upgrade tests, but
    at the same time I get experience in the 2000 field... What do you think I
    should do?

    BK, Nov 16, 2003
  4. "BK" <> wrote in message
    > thanks for the swift reply. So what do you say? In your opinion,

    should I
    > start right away with the 2003 MCSA/E plan? or go 2000 and upgrade?

    If I
    > choose to upgrade then I would have to pay extra $$ for upgrade

    tests, but
    > at the same time I get experience in the 2000 field... What do you

    think I
    > should do?

    I would pursue the track that is most relevant to your position. What
    does your company want you to do?
    Karl \Johnno\ Gustaf, Nov 16, 2003
  5. BK

    Loren Aquino Guest

    Greetings,

    I had the same decision to make a month back. I chose to
    go the 2000 route and just upgrade to 2003 later. The
    reason I made that decision is that I work for an
    integrator and 95% of our client base is still using
    2000. We do not plan to have 2003 as our majority NOS for
    at least 1-2 years. That would give me a lot of time to
    upgrade and take the necessary tests.

    Another factor for me was the availability of quality
    study material. Since the 2003 tests are relatively new,
    I wanted to want until more mature study guides became
    available. Not to mention the fact that I also wanted to
    develop my real world and hands-on experience more before
    taking those tests.

    Hope this helps you.

    Loren

    Loren Aquino, Nov 18, 2003