MCSA/MCSE Exam path.

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Atreides, Dec 22, 2003.

  1. Atreides

    Atreides Guest

    Hello All!

    I need advice.
    I just finishe course 2151, Microsoft Windows 2000 Network and Operating
    System Essentials and course 2152, Implementing Microsoft Windows 2000
    Professional and Server.

    I'm looking forward to attend some more courses and then pass MCSA/MCSE
    exams.

    What is most efficient path? To attended all relevant courses and then sit
    the exams, or maybe between courses I would be able to sit (and pass) some
    exams?

    I would like to mke this process most efficient, so your opinions would be
    very appreciated :)))

    Kind regards,

    Mike
    Atreides, Dec 22, 2003

  2. Atreides

    MCP Guest

    Take the class then sit the exams that correspond to that
    class before you take another class so the information you
    learned is still fresh.

    MCP, Dec 22, 2003

  3. Atreides

    Atreides Guest

    U¿ytkownik "MCP" <> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
    > Take the class then sit the exams that correspond to that
    > class before you take another class so the information you
    > learned is still fresh.

    Generally my knowledge will be still fresh, because I'm using it every day
    in my work.

    But I have some doubts: Microsoft says, that most exams require knowledge
    from more than one course to sucessfully pass such exam.

    In your opinion, is one able to pass exam after one or two courses?

    How much time must I donate to prepare myself using other materials
    (Self-pace kit, Cramtest, Sybex etc.)?

    Atreides
    Atreides, Dec 22, 2003
  4. Atreides

    MCP Guest

    3 to 4 weeks part time

    MCP, Dec 22, 2003
  5. Atreides

    Madmouse Guest

    Hi I am doing the same.

    First I did 70-210 / 215 / 216 and 218 which made me MCSA on w2k.
    Then I did 70-217, and now I am studying 219 + 1 ellective and I think
    I will do Exchange 2003 server. This will make me MCSE w2k because the
    218 from my MCSA exam counts as an elective on MCSE.

    Also have a look @:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/requirements.asp
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/requirements.asp

    Regards