    I am wondering what books or other materials people reccomend from experience
    for studying. I have been seriously considering purchasing either sybex or
    mspress, most likely sybex. Thanks in advance for all your help

    winikeh, Sep 27, 2006

  2. winikeh

    Jason Guest

    I am using the MSPress book after reading the reviews on it. I may also buy
    the sybex book as well.

    Jason, Sep 27, 2006

  3. winikeh

    AJR Guest

    You will get some recommendations regarding the MSPress kits - in my opinion
    the "practice" exams do not accurately reflect actual certification exams -
    you will note that on the exams included with the books you do extremely
    well -but, at first, not much success with the CD exams.
    I recommend the following: Sybex's "MCSA/MCSE Windows Server 2003 Network
    Infrastructure..... study guide". in addition to electronic flashcards, and
    very important, it includes WinSim 2003 simulation software. To the best of
    my knowledge, it is the only guide that provides simulations.
    My second recommendation is "Windows Server 2003 Administrator's Pocket
    Consultant" MSpress by W.R Stanek (I think he is also the author of the
    MSPress training kit). It is not a study guide but, in an easy flow
    manner, details Windows Server 2003.
    I may add that I spent a lot of time, and Starbuck's coffee, in Barnes and
    Noble Book Store reviewing a lot of "stuff'.

    AJR, Sep 27, 2006
  4. winikeh

    Guest Guest

    "winikeh" <> wrote in message
    > I am wondering what books or other materials people reccomend from

    experience
    > for studying. I have been seriously considering purchasing either sybex

    or
    > mspress, most likely sybex. Thanks in advance for all your help

    Here are some good books for you to check out:
    MCSA:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.h...rch?&index=books&keywords=MCSA&_encoding=UTF8

    MCSE:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.h...rch?&index=books&keywords=MCSE&_encoding=UTF8