    70-216 for my MCDBA ???

    Thanks!

    Pete
    Pete, Dec 20, 2004

  2. "Pete" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have one test to earn my Win 2K MCSA cert. Microsoft has accepted my
    > CompTIA Security+ cert in place of the 70-216.
    >
    > 1. Will Microsoft accept my CompTIA Security+ cert in lieu of taking the
    > 70-216 for my MCDBA ???
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Pete

    No...

    They didn't accept Security+ in place of 70-216.... Security+ and 70-216 are
    simply two of the MANY possible choices for the elective on MCSA 2000. See
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/requirements.asp . You also
    could have taken 70-214, 70-224 or even the combo of A+ and Network+.

    On the other hand, Security+ is not on the electives list for MCDBA.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdba/requirements.asp 70-216 is not
    an absolute requirement though: you do have other choices for your elective.
    Colin Nash [MVP], Dec 20, 2004