    while studying on their own? I have a 2 yr IT degree
    which is a good start but its not getting me an IT job!!!
    Still working in another field :-( Thx

    Tech_Girl_In_Training, Jan 18, 2005

  2. Classes vs. Self Study is merely a judgment call on the individual. You have
    to decide if your a self study kind of person or a classroom kind of person.
    Ask yourself how you learn. How well are you focused? Can you learn on your
    own? Will you have the determination to keep studying when distractions come
    along? Either way...good luck I'm sure you'll do fine.

    --
    "The Rev"
    Microsoft Certified Trainer

    ..
    "Tech_Girl_In_Training" <> wrote in
    message news:1ab901c4fcf5$c52c2c10$...

    Stephen Charles Rea \(MCT\), Jan 18, 2005

  3. Tech_Girl_In_Training

    catwalker63 Guest

    "Tech_Girl_In_Training" <> prattled
    ceaslessly in news:1ab901c4fcf5$c52c2c10$:

    > Is it possible to prepare for MCSA exams with a self
    > study book? Or is it better to go to classes? I dont
    > really have the time to attend classes because I have to
    > work so much but would like to study at home on the
    > weekends. Has anyone had any luck passing these tests
    > while studying on their own? I have a 2 yr IT degree
    > which is a good start but its not getting me an IT job!!!
    > Still working in another field :-( Thx

    It's very possible. Get more than one book for each exam (amazon has
    pretty good reviews that will help you choose) and set up a network at
    home with a couple of computers (you can also use some virtual software
    setups to simulate a network). There are also tremendous resources
    available on the web (technet, knowledge base, documentation/help files,
    resource kits at microsoft alone). Learn to Google (you can even google
    these groups to find answers to most of your questions).

    In the end, it will probably be cheaper than classes and you'll still
    have the equipment. You'll have to be disciplined to keep at it and not
    let too much time go by between study sessions or you'll lose ground.
    Your best bet is going to be finding a job in IT (start at the bottom and
    pay your dues). Nothing will help you more than experience. You can
    simulate some, but nothing compares to the chaos of a real production
    environment.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "I'm not bossy! I just know what nerdbunchanumbers should be doing!"

    catwalker63, Jan 18, 2005