    enjoyed.

    thanks,

    Steve Davis

    Steve Davis, Nov 15, 2008

  2. Steve Davis

    John R Guest

    "Steve Davis" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does anyone have any MCSA electives that they really enjoyed studying for?
    > I'm working on my MCSA, just passed 70-620 yesterday. I have the choice of
    > using that as my client OS or an elective. So I'm thinking about just
    > taking the XP exam, but was wondering if anyone had any electives they
    > really enjoyed.

    Everyone is different. What matters most is "your" experience level. If
    you think you have sufficient experiece with XP, you may already know 90% of
    the objectives. It doesn't matter if I enjoy SQL or Exchange or ISA, I'm
    not taking the test. (BTW, I used MCDST as my elective for both MCSA 2000
    and MCSA 2003. I used MCSA 2000 as my elective for MCSE 2003).

    Pick what you know the best, review the objectives, and go pass the test and
    earn the cert based on what "you" already know.

    John R

    John R, Nov 15, 2008

  3. Steve Davis

    Pete Jones Guest

    John R is right. Go with what you know. That being said, because I spend so
    much time with Exchange, I really enjoyed the 284/285 exams. 285 in
    particular has the "testlet" format, which requires you to analyse a brief
    and complete the questions within a set period.

    If you use Exchange, then going for the MCSE:Messaging track is useful, and
    you will probably enjoy it.

    If not, then go with what you know.
    --
    Pete Jones