    MCSA cert. I am a late starter, 55 years old.
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    Frank L

    Frank L, Apr 18, 2004

  2. Frank L

    Hired Goon Guest

    Frank,
    The question you're asking isn't hard to find, take a look at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/requirements.asp

    Hired Goon, Apr 18, 2004

  3. Yes, you can use your MCDST as your elective for your MCSA, you might not
    have to go back for your 70-224 ~~ a certification doesn't mean you
    instantly know the material, if you knew it all along that should be no
    problem. :)

    Sartan Dragonbane, Apr 18, 2004
  4. Frank L

    Frank Guest

    Honest, I didn't think a cert gave me "instant knowledge", I swear. :) My
    reason for asking was because I already have a pretty good working knowledge
    of Win xp (2 years on the job desktop support). So I thought it would be the
    quickest route to the MCSA cert (for my situation) and then I could relax
    and learn what I want, when I want, no pressure,.i.e. MS exchange. But , now
    I also realize it will cost me $250 instead of just $125. Two seperate
    exams. Hmmm?
    Well, thanks for the reply, it's appreciated,
    Frank L

    Frank, Apr 18, 2004
  5. Maybe I should have chosen my words more carefully, Frank.
    Maybe I should have said - It's expensive to take an exam that you don't
    need -- you already know Exchange.
    70-224 as an elective would give you great opportunity to study for
    yourself, and earn yourself MCSA. You might not need MCDST with MCSA next
    to your name - After all, it's an extra $125. I have MCDST myself, I took
    it for the beta. I don't really think the skillsets required for those
    exams represent 2 years experience on the job. My suggestion to you is take
    your 70-224. Studying it will definately help you learn, and learning is
    always a big plus.
    If you're thinking about extending your certification MCSE, you should take
    70-216.

    Sartan Dragonbane, Apr 18, 2004
  6. Frank L

    Frank Guest

    Thanks, I agree , so exchange is my next goal. BTW, I hope I didn't mislead
    , but I do NOT already know exchange, I DO already know win xp. Sorry for
    the confusion. But, your advice is sound and I thank you for your help.
    LLAP,

    Frank, Apr 19, 2004
  7. Yeap that will cost you $250... but give you one more certification...
    instead of being just MCSA, you will be MCSA and MCDST...

    Think about this too !

    Rémy

    "Frank" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > Thanks, I agree , so exchange is my next goal. BTW, I hope I didn't

    mislead
    > , but I do NOT already know exchange, I DO already know win xp. Sorry for
    > the confusion. But, your advice is sound and I thank you for your help.
    > LLAP,
    > Frank L
    >
    > "Sartan Dragonbane" <> wrote in message
    > > Maybe I should have chosen my words more carefully, Frank.
    > > Maybe I should have said - It's expensive to take an exam that you don't
    > > need -- you already know Exchange.
    > > 70-224 as an elective would give you great opportunity to study for
    > > yourself, and earn yourself MCSA. You might not need MCDST with MCSA

    next
    > > to your name - After all, it's an extra $125. I have MCDST myself, I

    took
    > > it for the beta. I don't really think the skillsets required for those
    > > exams represent 2 years experience on the job. My suggestion to you is

    > take
    > > your 70-224. Studying it will definately help you learn, and learning

    is
    > > always a big plus.
    > > If you're thinking about extending your certification MCSE, you should

    > take
    > > 70-216.
    > >

    > > "Frank" <> wrote in message
    > > > Honest, I didn't think a cert gave me "instant knowledge", I swear.

    :)

    ,

    Rémy Bucheler \(MCSA, Charter MCDST\), Apr 19, 2004
  8. Frank L

    Frank Guest

    Very Good point Remy, Thanks
    Frank l

    "Rémy Bucheler (MCSA, Charter MCDST)" <> wrote in
    message news:u2b%23q$...

    Frank, Apr 20, 2004
  9. Frank L

    Frank Guest

    FYI, I took the 70-218 today and passed, so now I need to make up my mind.
    Tough test. Glad I studied along with real world stuff.

    Frank, Apr 21, 2004