  1. Mike

    Mike Guest

    Is Exam # 20-217 not a elective exam for MCSA 2000???

    Mike, Sep 9, 2003

  2. Mike

    MCSE World Guest

    MCSE World, Sep 9, 2003

  3. Mike

    Mike Guest

    I was wondering about MCSA not MCSE
    I didn't see reference too it on Microsoft MCSA 2000.

    asp

    Mike, Sep 9, 2003
  4. Mike

    jl Guest

    jl, Sep 9, 2003
  5. From http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcsa/faq.asp

    Q. Why isn't Exam 70-217: Implementing and Administering a Microsoft
    Windows 2000 Directory Services Infrastructure included as an elective?

    A. Elective exams in the MCSA certification represent tasks that are
    performed using core technologies of Microsoft systems and are also within
    the job role of a typical systems administrator. Exam 70-217 measures a
    candidate's ability to install, configure, and troubleshoot the Windows 2000
    Active Directory components, DNS for Active Directory, and Active Directory
    security solutions. In addition, this test measures the skills required to
    manage, monitor, and optimize the desktop environment by using Group Policy.
    These job roles are typically outside the scope of a systems administrator.

    --
    Tom Helms [MSFT]

    newsgroup purposes only."

    Tom Helms [MSFT], Sep 9, 2003