MCSA Certification

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by MLR, Jun 28, 2006.

  1. MLR

    MLR Guest

    Hello,

    I am an IT professional with 7 years of industry experience, 4 of which have
    involved running a Novell network both as an assistant Systems Admin and an
    IT Manager. I will be moving to a new region of the country soon and thought
    that adding Microsoft certification to my resume might increase my job
    prospects post move.

    My question is will it be possible for me to pass the MCSA Windows 2003
    Sever exams 70-290 & 70-291 with out having much hands on experience with a
    Windows server?

    Moreover, since I don't have direct experience, just some general
    familiarity with Active Directory, if I am capable of passing the exams could
    I do it with just the Online training that is available or will I need to
    take a class?

    Thanks,

    MLR

    MLR, Jun 28, 2006

  2. MLR

    Garth H Guest

    Get a cert book that has an eval copy of W2k3 server. Download virtual
    server 2005 for free, and do some hands on. There are just too many
    situations that won't make any sense until you can put them in context.

    Sybex just released a revised 3 book set with 70-270, 70-290, and 70-291
    + eval version of Server and some practice exams.

    --
    Garth H

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Macromedia Certified Developer