    Any other advice are welcome too.
    Thanks in advance

    Erina
    Erina, Apr 18, 2005

  2. Erina

    T-Bone Guest

    "Erina" <> wrote
    > Hi all
    > I am new to IT and I would like to do a MCSA. Any advice
    > on what exam to take first?
    > Any other advice are welcome too.
    > Thanks in advance

    Hi and welcome. MCSA and MCSE certifications are designed for experienced IT
    professionals. A good beginning certification is MCDST.

    Once you decide what area of IT you want to get in to, have a look over at
    the micrsoft website and see what the certifications are about and which one
    is most applicable to what you want to do.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Apr 18, 2005

  3. Erina

    GoodLuck Guest

    You can view all Microsoft Certifications at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certifications.asp
    From this location you will get the neccessary information
    you need to do your training.

    You can view Microsoft Press books at
    Most microsoft press books can be acquired for less at
    http://www.ebay.com or any other auction site.

    Additional info you will find invaluable - FYI

    VERY IMPORTANT: Free mini certification tests.

    As Microsoft says
    "The one thing you can count on in the IT field is change.
    Whether it's for a new job or a system-wide deployment,
    keeping your skills current is the best way to enjoy
    continued success."

    These assessments are maintained by Microsoft to insure
    they are current with todays technologies. Industry use
    these assessments to measure your skill sets, so
    completing them successfully is in your best interest.
    Certified Professionals are also being asked by industry
    to complete these assessments to verify their credentials
    are current. You can find these assessments at

    and there is no cost. If you need help, you can also get
    excellent free detailed Q&A support for these assessments
    at http://disnetinc.com/

    Also Remember:
    If it is neccessary to retake a certification exam you
    can "Get a Free second shot" at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/2ndshot/

    You can View New and Upcoming Exams at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/new.asp

    You can find Simulations in MCP exams at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/simulations/

    You can find code samples at
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/downloads/samples/default.
    aspx
    http://gotdotnet.com/community/usersamples/

    Good Luck

    GoodLuck, Apr 19, 2005
  4. Erina

    Guest Guest

    Thanks for all the advices and tips. I now have a clearer
    picture about Microsoft Certifs.

    information
    >you need to do your training.
    >
    >You can view Microsoft Press books at
    >http://www.microsoft.com/learning/books/product.asp
    >Most microsoft press books can be acquired for less at
    >http://www.ebay.com or any other auction site.
    >
    >Additional info you will find invaluable - FYI
    >
    >VERY IMPORTANT: Free mini certification tests.
    >
    >As Microsoft says
    >"The one thing you can count on in the IT field is

    change.
    >Whether it's for a new job or a system-wide deployment,
    >keeping your skills current is the best way to enjoy
    >continued success."
    >
    >Microsoft Skills Assessments are free and Important to

    you.

    Guest, Apr 19, 2005
  5. Erina

    T-Bone Guest

    <> wrote
    > Thanks for all the advices and tips. I now have a clearer
    > picture about Microsoft Certifs.

    Either you are a sock puppet or have the same delusional idea about useful
    information as this spammer.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Apr 19, 2005
  6. Erina

    Guest

    Hi Erina
    I would suggest you go for the A+ and Network+
    certs.Together they form the elective of the MCSA. These
    exams also prepare you for the MS exams which can be tough
    One of my colleagues recently gained his MCSE which he
    started 2 years ago, on the way he gained A+, Net+ and
    the MCSA, so its attainable with lots of study

    regards

    Peter

    , Apr 20, 2005
  7. Erina

    Pal Guest

    if you are really beginner here is my advice to you
    build your own LAB and spend as much time as posible on it,
    get books and everything that says in the books do it in your LAB, use
    microsoft virtual LAB too (good tool).
    have someone brake stuff in your lab and you do try fix it, if you get hold
    of study guides for any MCSA test don't just read it create same scenario in
    your LAB.
    this is only way that you will gain some experience before you go out there
    and take any test. also when you get job you not going to stand "dumb" there.
    and once you go trough all of that do it again :) you will learn something
    new everytime you do it again
    Pal, Apr 22, 2005