    what else can I do? What other types of study material are there? OF course
    this is my last exam to complete my MCSA. I am already a MCDST, MCP so I am
    not new at this but GOSH.........I just want to pass :)

    Power Point, Sep 18, 2007

  2. Power Point

    CBIC Guest

    "Power Point" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have failed this exam 2 times. I am wondering does the study material I
    > have enough to pass this exam. I am using MS Press book 70-291 & recently
    > brought the exam cram 70-291. I have the transcenders and with my exam
    > cram
    > book they give you access to on-line practice test. I took the practices
    > exams and scored 100% on both before sitting for the exam. I still failed!
    > what else can I do? What other types of study material are there? OF
    > course
    > this is my last exam to complete my MCSA. I am already a MCDST, MCP so I
    > am
    > not new at this but GOSH.........I just want to pass :)

    Do you have experience? Have you done the labs in your study materials?

    CBIC, Sep 18, 2007

  3. Power Point

    Power Point Guest

    I am a helpdesk manager(been in IT support for over 10 years) - i've setup a
    vitual 2003 server and practiced the labs.

    Power Point, Sep 18, 2007
  4. Power Point

    Consultant Guest

    stick with the helpdesk. some people are just not meant to excel

    Consultant, Sep 18, 2007
  5. Power Point

    >I am a helpdesk manager(been in IT support for over 10 years) - i've setup
    > vitual 2003 server and practiced the labs.

    There's your problem...you're a manager. You aren't supposed to know
    anything.

    CBIC, Sep 18, 2007
  6. Power Point

    CBIC Guest

    "Consultant" <> wrote in message
    > stick with the helpdesk. some people are just not meant to excel

    NASTY

    CBIC, Sep 18, 2007
  7. Power Point

    Power Point Guest

    Perhaps that's true but not for me, I'll pass it one day :) and you saw
    "Consultants" response. I wanted to BLAST IT out the water but i'll be
    nice...dont feel like arguing today!

    THX for W\B!

    Power Point, Sep 18, 2007
  8. "Power Point" <> wrote in message

    > Perhaps that's true but not for me, I'll pass it one day :) and you saw
    > "Consultants" response. I wanted to BLAST IT out the water but i'll be
    > nice...dont feel like arguing today!
    >
    > THX for W\B!
    >
    > "CBIC" wrote:
    >

    > > "Power Point" <> wrote in message
    > > >I am a helpdesk manager(been in IT support for over 10 years) - i've setup
    > > > vitual 2003 server and practiced the labs.
    > > >

    > > There's your problem...you're a manager. You aren't supposed to know
    > > anything.

    It seems you have everything you need except the experience. As you
    stated, you are a helpdesk manager with over 10 year I.T. experience. I
    have over 13 years in the I.T. field, but could not pass this exam if I
    took it tomorrow. Why? Because I am not experienced enough in that
    particular technology. Certifications are meant as a validation to
    qualification (experience). Let me ask you this; if you passed the exam
    tomorrow would you feel like you knew enough to perform the basics of
    the tested technology, much less what the exam is asking of you if
    approached by your boss or head hunter? If not, then unfortunately you
    are unprepared for the exam.

    BTW, I understand your immediate desire to blast Consultant. However, he
    is just having fun. Roll with it. It is nothing personal -- at least I
    don't think :) Regardless, it was a little funny :)

    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Sep 18, 2007
  9. The 70-291 is the most diffecult one for the MCSA 15-20% pass the first
    time. This was only exam I had to do 3 times. A good understanding of dns,
    the different roles of the servers and IP calculations+knowhow is needed.
    Handon experience with de mmc is very helpfull. If you use the exam
    training software to much you will not learn anything because you know the
    answer before you read the question. So, building a infrastructure is a
    beter teacher.

    See the failed exams as a trainig to help you find the way.
    Success with the next one, MS has a second shot for free action now, so half
    the cost.

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/secondshot/default.mspx
    --
    Jos van Vegchel
    Atricon Information Services, the Netherlands

    Jos van Vegchel, Sep 19, 2007
  10. Power Point

    Word Guest

    The only constructive answer I see here is from another person that its not
    even american, you should be a shame of yourself consultant. Thanks for the
    great answer Jos Van Vegchel
    --
    Peter Aragon

    Word, Sep 20, 2007
  11. Word wrote:
    > The only constructive answer I see here is from another person that its not
    > even american, you should be a shame of yourself consultant. Thanks for the
    > great answer Jos Van Vegchel

    Yeah, but Consultant made me laugh...

    MG

    Mostly Gizzards, Sep 20, 2007
  12. "Word" <> wrote in message

    > The only constructive answer I see here is from another person that its not
    > even american, you should be a shame of yourself consultant. Thanks for the
    > great answer Jos Van Vegchel
    > --
    > Peter Aragon
    >

    > "Jos van Vegchel" wrote:
    >
    > > The 70-291 is the most diffecult one for the MCSA 15-20% pass the first
    > > time. This was only exam I had to do 3 times. A good understanding of dns,
    > > the different roles of the servers and IP calculations+knowhow is needed.
    > > Handon experience with de mmc is very helpfull. If you use the exam
    > > training software to much you will not learn anything because you know the
    > > answer before you read the question. So, building a infrastructure is a
    > > beter teacher.
    > >
    > > See the failed exams as a trainig to help you find the way.
    > > Success with the next one, MS has a second shot for free action now, so half
    > > the cost.
    > >
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/secondshot/default.mspx
    > > --
    > > Jos van Vegchel
    > > Atricon Information Services, the Netherlands
    > > MCT MCSA/E MCTIP MBSS/P CCNA
    > > A+ Network+
    > >
    > > "Power Point" <> wrote in message
    > > >I have failed this exam 2 times. I am wondering does the study material I
    > > > have enough to pass this exam. I am using MS Press book 70-291 & recently
    > > > brought the exam cram 70-291. I have the transcenders and with my exam
    > > > cram
    > > > book they give you access to on-line practice test. I took the practices
    > > > exams and scored 100% on both before sitting for the exam. I still failed!
    > > > what else can I do? What other types of study material are there? OF
    > > > course
    > > > this is my last exam to complete my MCSA. I am already a MCDST, MCP so I
    > > > am
    > > > not new at this but GOSH.........I just want to pass :)

    Nothing has been said here that cannot be read on
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning. Why is there large number of repeat
    tester, that when they fail an exam, do not consider the possibility
    they failed due to their lack of knowledge and experience on the tested
    technology?

    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Sep 20, 2007
  13. Power Point

    John R Guest

    "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> wrote in
    message news:OQNzgD0%...
    > "Word" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> The only constructive answer I see here is from another person that its
    >> not
    >> even american, you should be a shame of yourself consultant. Thanks for
    >> the
    >> great answer Jos Van Vegchel
    >> --
    >> Peter Aragon
    >>

    > Nothing has been said here that cannot be read on
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning. Why is there large number of repeat
    > tester, that when they fail an exam, do not consider the possibility they
    > failed due to their lack of knowledge and experience on the tested
    > technology?
    >
    > --
    > Michael D. Alligood,
    > MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    > CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com

    Because when they purchased their study materials, they were 'guaranteed'
    that they would pass, of course.

    John R

    John R, Sep 20, 2007
  14. =?Utf-8?B?V29yZA==?= <> wrote in

    > The only constructive answer I see here is from another person that
    > its not even american

    Do you have something against non-americans?

    Red Swingline Stapler, Sep 20, 2007
  15. Power Point

    Devo Guest

    It is possibly accurate that some people are not meant to excel. It is also
    probable that some people are not equipped sufficiently to use words, you
    being one of them.

    Devo, Nov 7, 2007
  16. Power Point

    Devo Guest

    Can I ask where you got the stat about the first time failure rate?

    Cheers.

    Devo, Nov 7, 2007
  17. Power Point

    Devo Guest

    Can I ask where you got the failure rate stat from?

    Cheers.

    Devo, Nov 7, 2007
  18. Power Point

    Jtyc Guest

    > I like Excel. Except Excel 2007. I don't like Office 2007.

    *gasp*

    Jtyc, Nov 8, 2007
  19. Power Point

    Power Point Guest

    Hot diggity, I did it! I finally passed this exam.....YAHHHOOOO!

    Power Point, Feb 11, 2008
  20. Power Point

    Jaco Niemand Guest

    I think we can all agree that this is a real hard exam. Probably the most
    difficult one from all the MCSE series.

    I finished this exam with about 970 points.

    I will recommend that you learn the 70-90, 70-291 and 70-293 exams all in
    one go and then go for each individual exam. I was asked some questions in
    the 70-291 exam that was covered in the 70-290 and 70-293.

    Know subnetting inside out.
    RRAS
    DNS
    DHCP

    Also it is really handy to setup a virtual machine with Windows server 2003
    on it and to play around with the settings. This will make simulations
    easier in the exam if you don't have any real work experience with Windows
    server or if there's bits in Windows that you don't use on a daily bases.

    Jaco Niemand, Feb 17, 2008