    pursue the certification when Longhorn is around the corner in 2008?
    Thanks, Jason
    , Mar 28, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > Hi all, I'm considering completing the MCSA 2003 Security
    > certification program, since I've already taken half of the core
    > requirements a couple of years ago. Do you think I should continue to
    > pursue the certification when Longhorn is around the corner in 2008?
    > Thanks, Jason

    Sure, although Longhorn may be released soon, consider how long it will
    take for it to be in wide usage. Many firms still have Windows 2000
    servers today! Later you can upgrade and you will be able to show
    certification for both 2003 and Longhorn.

    That is my plan (except mcse instead of mcsa), unless I find a way to
    retire before then (I'm not holding my breath :p)
    Red Swingline Stapler, Mar 28, 2007

  3. Kline Sphere Guest

    >Many firms still have Windows 2000
    >servers today

    we use pdp-11's.

    it is real, but no updates.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007
  4. Kline Sphere wrote:
    >> Many firms still have Windows 2000
    >> servers today

    > we use pdp-11's.
    >
    > it is real, but no updates.
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Thats so old I had to Google pdp-11. It was released 5 years before my
    birth. :p
    Red Swingline Stapler, Mar 28, 2007
  5. kpg Guest

    Red Swingline Stapler <> wrote in news:e$gEH4VcHHA.4836
    @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

    > Kline Sphere wrote:
    >>> Many firms still have Windows 2000
    >>> servers today

    >> we use pdp-11's.
    >>
    >> it is real, but no updates.
    >>
    >> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    > Thats so old I had to Google pdp-11. It was released 5 years before my
    > birth. :p

    haha - we had pdp-11's at college, but they we old, we used the
    newer VAX instead.

    Remember Max headroom? A buddy of mine's screen name at college
    was VAX Headroom - that was funny stuff. Back then anyway.

    0x22
    kpg, Mar 28, 2007
  6. Kline Sphere Guest

    >Thats so old I had to Google pdp-11. It was released 5 years before my
    >birth. :p

    you really know how to make someone feel old....

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3
    Kline Sphere, Mar 28, 2007
  7. Jonathan Roberts, Mar 29, 2007
  8. Kline Sphere Guest

    >> Thats so old I had to Google pdp-11. It was released 5 years before my
    >>> birth. :p

    >> you really know how to make someone feel old....
    >>
    >> Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    >Not old, experienced! :>

    that's what i keep telling my wife!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3