    in windows XP then turning for Linux certs ( Linux+, LPI) and
    security(Security+) ?

    Thanks for your advice.
    wassim, Jan 28, 2007

  2. wassim

    Maincat Guest

    I'm in a similar situation. I intend to get my MCSA in Windows Server 2003,
    then if need be take Linux+.

    Good luck with 70-270.

    Steve

    Maincat, Jan 28, 2007

  3. > i am preparing for the 70-270 exam. However i am wondering whether a
    > microsoft track is better for me than a linux one.

    Do you mean you are wondering if a Linux track is better than a
    Microsoft track -- since you are already studying the Microsoft track.
    Regardless, let me ask you this; During all your experience, how many
    Linux servers verses Microsoft servers have you interacted with? I can
    tell you that I have never ran into a Linux server in one of my clients
    or anyone I have worked for.

    Look at the market share, and that should give you a very good answer as
    to what technology you should concentrate on. I am not saying to nix
    Linux altogether; not at all. Just do not invest the time into it as you
    would something with a higher market share; i.e. Microsoft technologies.

    I would advise you to follow and finish your MCSA Track, then pursue any
    Linux certification program you like.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    http://www.yetanotherblog.typepad.com/theclassroom

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 28, 2007
  4. BTW, as far as security goes; the Security+ certification counts as an
    elective for your MCSA 2003 track. So there is 2 birds with one stone.

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 28, 2007
  5. wassim

    wassim Guest

    Thank you very much Mr Alligood.
    Now I should concentrate on the MCSA 2003 track.
    Good luck for everone in this track too.

    wassim, Jan 28, 2007
  6. No problem. I am glad I could provide you with some assistants. Good
    luck, and I am sure we will be hearing more from you. You can utilize
    this and other newsgroups if you run onto any problems. Again, Good
    Luck.

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 28, 2007

    hello... just want to ask if you have an, Jan 29, 2007
  8. RE: MCSA 2003 tips

    hello,, I just passed my MCP last September and I'm planning to take MCSA
    this year.. Is there any one who can give me reviewer or any Ebooks for MCSA
    and tips before I take the exam..? You can send it trough my email.
    (...Tnx..:) Hope...you can help me..God bless..
    hello... just want to ask if you have an, Jan 29, 2007
  9. wassim

    ZiqZaq Guest

    Re: MCSA 2003 tips

    hello... just want to ask if you have an wrote:
    > hello,, I just passed my MCP last September and I'm planning to take MCSA
    > this year.. Is there any one who can give me reviewer or any Ebooks for MCSA
    > and tips before I take the exam..? You can send it trough my email.
    > (...Tnx..:) Hope...you can help me..God bless..

    Why should I? Kust google you jerk!
    ZiqZaq, Jan 29, 2007
  10. Re: MCSA 2003 tips

    hello... just want to ask if you have an, Jan 29, 2007
  11. wassim

    AJR Guest

    Re: MCSA 2003 tips

    Lawrence - do not let responses such as that by ZigZag discourage you from
    asking for assistance on any newsgroups.

    If there is a Barnes and Noble bookstore near-by - good place to start.

    AJR, Jan 29, 2007
  12. Re: MCSA 2003 tips

    Agreed. What exam are you planning on sitting first? Or are you looking
    for advice as to the "preferred" ordered to take the exams as well?
    Also, what exam earned you the MCP status?

    Michael D. Alligood, Jan 29, 2007