    how long will it be valid until I take the upgrade exam?
    thanks in advance
    Danko
    Danko Pirganoski, Jul 12, 2003

  2. Danko Pirganoski

    licknlabia Guest

    they won't be discontinuing this cert anytime soon.... 2003 just came out,
    it will be probably 2 yrs.

    "Danko Pirganoski" <> wrote in message
    I have studied books for MCSA 2000 and wanted to take
    courses and exams sometimes in October-December. But now
    I've noticed that new MCSA 2003 exams are published. If I
    manage to gain my MCSA 2000 Cert.at the end of this year
    licknlabia, Jul 12, 2003

  3. Danko Pirganoski

    Paul Hanlon Guest

    Danko,

    I would go the 2000 then upgrade route. Microsoft have
    finally realised the benefit of backward-compatible skills
    and therefore are not going to be discontinuing the 2000
    MCSA/MCSE for a very long time. When you consider that
    the NT4 MCSE is still highly regarded and more importantly
    valid it proves this.

    It will look better to employers if you have skills in
    both 2000 and 2003, and now Microsoft are using versioning
    on there certificates you can prove this and be more
    valuable - remember not every business will move to 2003,
    most will stay on 2000. The reason the support for NT4
    has been extended was due to the number of businesses
    still using it.

    Paul Hanlon CCNA, MCSA

    Paul Hanlon, Jul 15, 2003
  4. Danko Pirganoski

    Ron Williams Guest

    Your cert will not expire anytime soon...trust in that.

    As far as the update is concerned, I believe all you have
    is Course 2209 to take with the corresponding exam, and
    2210 if you want to get the MCSE in your arsenal. Dont
    be discouraged, finish up the 2000....you will be valid
    for a while.

    Another two years at least will go by before you hear of
    anything new, but from the MS Newsletter I got
    today....this one is gonna be big.....an even then your
    cert wont expire.

    Good luck to you!

    Ron Williams, Aug 12, 2003