    certificates - is this correct?

    thanks for your thougts
    Roland

    Roland Lindner, Sep 5, 2003

  2. Roland Lindner

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    > should i go for MCSE 2000 and upgrade later on to 2003 or
    > should i upgrade now to MCSA 2003 and then go for the MCSE
    > 2003?

    I think the general consensus will be to continue on and get your MCSE in
    Win2K, as that's what most companies are using (compared to 2003...although
    there are still countless NT 4 companies out there). Next year or whenever
    you see fit, then up grade to MCSE in 2003.

    > I did not understand if i will still be certified as MCSA
    > 2000 if i upgraded to 2003..

    Yes, if you upgraded to MCSE in Win2K or MCSA in 2003, you would still be an
    MCSA in Windows 2000. That can't be taken away from you. Any additional
    certs you obtain get added. They don't replace your current certs.

    > if i still will be i presume it would be better to finish
    > 2000 for now and upgrade later on because then i had 4
    > certificates - is this correct?

    Yeah, assuming you go from your "base" cert of MCSA 2000 and upgrade it in
    two directions: to MCSE 2000 and MCSA 2003. Then, from MCSE 2000, take the
    upgrade tests to reach MCSE 2003. Nothing wrong with 3 additional
    certifications, although having all 4 might be a little overkill. Can't
    hurt, obviously, but if you are an MCSE in either 2000 or 2003, it's
    generally assumed that you have the skills of an MCSA, plus some.
    Technically, MCSA and MCSE are different certifications that do overlap
    somewhat, but it's generally percieved that MCSA is a subset of MCSE.

    Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

    KB

    Ken Briscoe, Sep 5, 2003