MCSA 2000 or 2003

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Paul Hanlon, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. Paul Hanlon

    Paul Hanlon Guest

    Cassie,

    The one reason that the NT4 MCSE was never de-certified
    was that Microsoft have realised that staff need to be
    more backwardly compatible. The more versions of Windows
    you are skilled in the better your CV will look.

    On another note, it will probably take most companies at
    least a year to upgrade to 2003 and the fact that support
    for NT4 has been extended says that even this is will only
    happen in a limited amount of companies, you could be only
    2003 certified with no companies using it.

    Go with the more established Windows 2000 and then
    upgrade, you will have 2 skill bases and will be more
    marketable until 2003 has really taken off.

    Paul Hanlon CCNA, MCSA, MCSE

    and
    >take the 290 and 291 exams OR if I should just go ahead
    >and keep studying for the 215 and 218 exams to take
    >those. Please advice. The only thing is if I get my

    MCSA
    >for Win2K, I will have to take the upgrade exam for

    2003.

    Paul Hanlon, Aug 12, 2003