    prepare for the MCPD.

    My Question is where to go after that? Is there still a current exam
    going to be certified as a Software Architect ?

    Boas Enkler, Jul 23, 2007

  2. Boas:
    The Microsoft Certified Architect certification is totally separate from the
    MCTS/MCPD/MCITP certifications, although Microsoft Learning has some graphics
    on their websites that seem to imply otherwise.
    The MCA Program is not a series of exams, but rather you go in front of a
    review board and give a presentation. Think of it like defending your
    graduate thesis without having to take those intermediate courses.
    Last I heard there were about 80-100 MCA's. The US$10,000 cost keeps me (and
    a lot of other people) from trying to earn it.
    My suggestion is that after you take 70-548 and get your MCPD:Windows, that
    you try to earn the other MCPD's. Since the MCPD lasts only three years, I
    plan on spacing my MCPD exams so that I can remain an MCPD longer, just in
    case Microsoft delays their recertification exams.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnlXZXN0TUNTRA==?=, Jul 23, 2007

  3. Boas Enkler

    Mike Guest

    What do you mean by "Since the MCPD lasts only three years"

    Do they last only 3 year?

    Posted At: Monday, July 23, 2007 8:56 AM
    Posted To: microsoft.public.certification
    Conversation: MCPD - Where to go ?
    Subject: RE: MCPD - Where to go ?

    Mike, Aug 15, 2007