    need to have 2 MCPs on staff.

    Thanks
    Mark

    Mark Pfeifer, Aug 14, 2008

  2. Mark Pfeifer

    Ken Guest

    Mark,

    If you pass any MS exam you become an MCP, which really means you have an
    identity at Microsoft for certification purposes. With that ID, you can
    allow the client to validate your status with a code.

    Some single exams provide you a certification on their own. Take the Vista
    620 exam. It will give you MCP status and a MCTS certification. Not too
    bad for a single test. I though it was pretty strait forward, but I have
    been using vista for a while. See the link below.
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcts/vistaconfig/

    I really recommend you buy the PassforSure test prep for whatever exams you
    take. I used several prep tools (no shortage of BS ad in this newsgroup)
    and they are the absolute best. No I don't get a kickback from them
    either.....

    Ken Foster
    MCSA, MCTS, Security+

    Ken, Aug 27, 2008

  3. Mark Pfeifer

    John R Guest

    "Ken" <> wrote in message
    > Mark,
    >
    > If you pass any MS exam you become an MCP, which really means you have an
    > identity at Microsoft for certification purposes. With that ID, you can
    > allow the client to validate your status with a code.
    >
    > Some single exams provide you a certification on their own. Take the
    > Vista 620 exam. It will give you MCP status and a MCTS certification.

    Not *100% exactly* true. While passing 70-620 will get you MCTS, and you
    will be a Microsoft Certified Professional, and it will get you an MCPID
    (which allows you access to the MCP site, etc), you will not earn a
    certification called "MCP".

    John R

    John R, Aug 27, 2008
  4. Mark Pfeifer

    John R Guest

    John R, Aug 27, 2008
  5. Mark Pfeifer

    John R Guest

    > "Ken" <> wrote in message
    >> Mark,
    >>
    >> If you pass any MS exam you become an MCP, which really means you have an
    >> identity at Microsoft for certification purposes. With that ID, you can
    >> allow the client to validate your status with a code.
    >>
    >> Some single exams provide you a certification on their own. Take the
    >> Vista 620 exam. It will give you MCP status and a MCTS certification.

    > Not *100% exactly* true. While passing 70-620 will get you MCTS, and you
    > will be a Microsoft Certified Professional, and it will get you an MCPID
    > (which allows you access to the MCP site, etc), you will not earn a
    > certification called "MCP".

    After re-reading it, actually you did differentiate between MCP status and
    MCTS certification, so I apologize.

    John R

    John R, Aug 27, 2008
  6. Mark Pfeifer

    John R Guest

    John R, Aug 27, 2008
  7. Actually, I haven't found a better source of training other than CBT
    nuggets, plus you can use the trial versions of the software to setup your
    environment and follow along with them.

    Joseph Butler, Aug 28, 2008
  8. Actually, I haven't found a better source of training other than CBT

    Joseph Butler, Aug 28, 2008