    The useless customer service center can't answer my question and they keep
    coming up with new and innovative ways to get themselves off the hook.

    Any insight into this issue would be appreciated...
    Waleed K., Jun 11, 2007

  2. Waleed K.

    Thor Guest

    >I recently got my first MS certification (MCTS).
    >
    > According to the link below, I see that certain exams such as the 70-536
    > don't qualify me for the MCP certification....but I thought that the
    > 70-526
    > would.
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcp/requirements.mspx
    >
    > The useless customer service center can't answer my question and they keep
    > coming up with new and innovative ways to get themselves off the hook.
    >
    > Any insight into this issue would be appreciated...

    Hi!

    My observation is:
    MCTS implies MCP
    70-526 + 70-536 gives MCTS (among a few others).
    70-526 or 70-536 does not alone give MCP status.

    However, you get access to the MCP site with 70-526 (all though somewhat
    limited), I believe, I got limited access with 71-529.

    some of the more advanced exams gives MCP, I think. I got MCP with 71-549
    before getting MCTS (by adding 70-536).

    hope this helps
    53
    Thor, Jun 11, 2007