    And once you pass it, and take other exams (lets say MCSE)
    are you no longer an "MCP" cause its bundled with the MCSE?

    thanks for any response!

    Fleming, Mar 8, 2005

  2. You get your MCP cert the moment you pass the 70-270 or any Microsoft
    certification test. If you want you can then put Microsoft Certified
    Professional on your resume - I myself did as any little bit helps when
    marketing yourself.

    And technically, you don't lose any certs as you get others. So all
    MCSEs are still MCPs as well. You'll see some people list MCSE, MCDBA,
    MCP when listing their certs just as an extra little title to lord over
    the common folk...

    blastingfonda, Mar 8, 2005

  3. Fleming

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "blastingfonda" <> say in

    > You get your MCP cert the moment you pass the 70-270 or any Microsoft
    > certification tes

    correction, you get your MCP the minute you pass _A_ Microsoft exam.

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Red ship crashes into blue ship - sailors marooned...

    Neil, Mar 8, 2005
  4. Fleming

    Wayne Guest

    Hey! List your certs please Neil, you're not lording it over others
    correctly :)

    --

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz

    "Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system
    of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the
    masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony"
    - Dennis (sometime in the middle ages)

    Wayne, Mar 8, 2005
  5. > correction, you get your MCP the minute you pass _A_ Microsoft exam.

    > --
    > Neil MCNGP#30

    Which is precisely what I said.

    blastingfonda, Mar 8, 2005
  6. Fleming

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Wayne" <> say in news:eFZ#0#4IFHA.1308
    @TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

    > Hey! List your certs please Neil, you're not lording it over others
    > correctly :)

    oh, I'm so sorry (see below)

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30
    MCP, MCP+I, MCDST, MCSA (2000/2003), MCSE (3.51/4.0/2000/2003), MCSE+I,

    - Reality is an illusion...caused by a deficiency in alcohol.

    Neil, Mar 8, 2005
  7. Fleming

    > Which is precisely what I said.

    you are correct, but I did want to emphasize that it really has nothing to
    do with the 70-270 exam.

    --
    Neil MCNGP#30

    - Patience, (n): A minor form of despair, disguised as a virtue.

    Neil, Mar 8, 2005