    doesnt mean much unless you have the skill to back it up.But I got asked
    this question and could not answer it.

    TIA

    m e macon, Nov 2, 2004

  2. Hi m e macon drewfoam>,

    The Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) credential certifies a
    professionals who have the skills to successfully implement 'a' Microsoft
    product or technology as part of a business solution in an organization while
    the Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) certification verifies
    that you have the skills to successfully 'manage and troubleshoot' system
    environments running on the Microsoft Windows operating system. MCP,
    therefore might be part of MCSA track or might not be part of MCSA track.

    It should be okay to have MCP and MCSA after your name since you have
    already earn it. As you are already a certified MCP and MCSA, you should have
    the skills set that come with these credentials unless you cheat your way in
    passing the exams. Anyway the impact these cool letters bring to a business
    place varies.

    Hope this helps.

    Bobby

    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9iYnk=?=, Nov 3, 2004

  3. m e macon

    T-Bone Guest

    "m e macon drewfoam>" <mmacon@<no spam> wrote
    > Question because i have seen this done 2 ways. On my certification track

    > passed the 70-210 test first and received my MCP. Now a few tests later i

    am
    > an MCSA on windows 2000. Does the MCSA overwrite the MCP ? I have seen
    > some list as mcp,mcsa. I know that having cool letters after your name
    > doesnt mean much unless you have the skill to back it up.But I got asked
    > this question and could not answer it.

    All the letters are just there to impress those who don't know what they
    mean.

    MCNGP, now *that's* the certification to get.

    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    Shameless promotion.

    T-Bone, Nov 3, 2004
  4. m e macon

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Nov 3, 2004 at 8:55am "T-Bone" blathered:

    > MCNGP, now *that's* the certification to get.

    Fo' shizzle.

    --
    TechGeekPro, MCNGP #36
    MCNGP.com - We're here to help!

    TechGeekPro, Nov 3, 2004
  5. m e macon

    m e macon Guest

    true on both accounts ! thanks guys !

    good use of "fo schizzle" also !

    : )

    m e macon, Nov 3, 2004
  6. m e macon

    TechGeekPro Guest

    On Nov 3, 2004 at 12:31pm ""m e macon" <mmacon@" blathered:

    > good use of "fo schizzle" also !

    Keep it real, yo.

    --
    TechGeekPro, MCNGP #36
    MCNGP.com - We're here to help!

    TechGeekPro, Nov 3, 2004
  7. Hi!

    If the MCP was for an exam that you used toward the MCSA then it doesn't
    make sense to include MCP on your resume or after your name. If, however,
    your MCP was in a skill area that is vastly different from the MCSA
    skillset, such as VB or C# then it makes sense to include it perhaps as
    "MCSA, MCP Visual Basic."

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Nov 3, 2004
  8. m e macon

    m e macon Guest

    on my transcript there is an additional exam that I took.
    70-210
    70-215
    70-217
    70-216