  1. All,

    Is the mcp,mcsa,mcse 2000 will expire soon?

    Thx
    ..::] k i l l i m a n j a r o [::.., Aug 12, 2003

  2. ..::] k i l l i m a n j a r o [::..

    Ron Williams Guest

    MCP,MCSA,MCSE will expire?-reply

    I believe that you have until June 30, 2004 to complete
    all the exams for MCSA and MCSE....I would have to check
    on the MCP exams, but maybe you should ask Clint
    Kennedy..he is a MCP and might have a handle on that one.

    Ron Williams, Aug 12, 2003

  3. Re: MCP,MCSA,MCSE will expire?-reply

    Sure, I'd be happy to take a stab at this one. Ron, the fool at New
    Horizons who should know an answer to this question like the back of his
    hand since his company provides training, should be well aware that
    Microsoft has released ABSOLUTELY NO indications that MCSA or MCSE for 2000
    are going to be expired, as have been noted by Microsoft representatives in
    this newsgroup. If Ron paid attention instead of focusing on spamming his
    sales advertising, he would probably know this. Furthermore, if he was a
    knowledeable engineer, he wouldn't be the New Horizons bitch scouting for
    sales, which any idiot could do .. he would be doing hands-on work in the
    field (like some of us, *cough*). I would suggest calling New Horizons to
    let them know their representative is giving you flase information off the
    top of his head, which goes to show how he'll do in his new job.

    Clint

    Clint Kennedy, Aug 12, 2003
  4. Re: MCP,MCSA,MCSE will expire?-reply

    Really Ron? set to expire? Where did you get this information? I would
    love to read it. They might expire but from what I have heard is that there
    is no expiration on any of the certifications.

    Microsoft just retires certifications because who wants a network with old
    technology that nobody is going to be able to purchase anymore (I.e. NT4)
    they don't offer any more tests for people to pass. So the people that have
    the NT4 MCSE still and will always have valid NT4 MCSE's but only companies
    with an installed infrastructure of NT4 will hire that person. But if as an
    individual you want to keep your self marketable you have to take the newer
    tests as they come out and upgrade your self to the latest and greatest.

    And in regards to your reply to Clint, He is an MCP, but what are you? I
    don't see any TLA's after your name. Also I see if I understand his
    acronyms correct it seems he has a Bachelor of Science's in Computer
    Science? That means he had the dedication and determination for 4 years
    (maybe 5) to get a full fledge degree and is pursuing the MCSA/SE track to
    further enhance his skills set and make himself more marketable. To me it
    seems you are a sales person? Means you had what? 2 weeks of OJT?

    This group is provided by Microsoft and I don't know if they would really
    appreciate any spam in it other than their own, I could understand if you
    had a sig. file and you put in there that you work at new hz as an account
    exec. That would be okay with me but your downright ad placement is kind of
    annoying, I am fortunate enough to know how to ignore any spam so I don't
    read your posts all the way through.

    C. Philip Cutler II, Aug 12, 2003
  5. Re: MCP,MCSA,MCSE will expire?-reply

    Oh I found this in the Microsoft support files
    Host Guest_Anne:
    Q: Does MCSA ever expire?

    Host Guest_Anne:
    A: We now version credentials instead of "expiring" them. So your credential
    will never expire.

    On the following page:

    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/tr.../itcommunity/chats/trans/training/mcs0102.asp

    Philip

    Forgot to sing my previous post also.

    opps.

    C. Philip Cutler II, Aug 12, 2003
  6. Re: MCP,MCSA,MCSE will expire?-reply

    http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcpexams/status/examstoretire.asp
    Let's see if he has the nads to apologize.

    Davin Mickelson, Aug 12, 2003
  7. Re: MCP,MCSA,MCSE will expire?-reply

    Who me apologize? Sure if I need to. I don't see anything in there that
    would indicate any of the Current and ongoing MCSA tests expiring. Remember
    this is an MCSA Newsgroup not a Foxpro or SQL 7, VB6, C++ etc, and that is
    what is listed on that page as being retired.

    From the MS website you need tests
    Required: 70-215 or 270, 215, 218
    Elective: 70- 028, 081, 086, 088, 214, 216, 224, 227, 228

    And none of the tests on that page are even in either the MCSA, MCSE or
    MSDBA listings.

    Hmm I guess I don't need to apologize.

    Philip

    C. Philip Cutler II, Aug 12, 2003
  8. Re: MCP,MCSA,MCSE will expire?-reply

    Oh Sorry Davin, :) Mis read the post.

    hehe.

    > Not you - I'm talking about Ron. His statements are wrong and he needs to
    > apologize. I believe he was stating that the exams were no longer going to
    > be available after June, 2004. He had confused the MCSD(VS6) exams with

    the

    C. Philip Cutler II, Aug 12, 2003
  9. ..::] k i l l i m a n j a r o [::..

    Kip Saunders Guest

    Re: MCP,MCSA,MCSE will expire?-reply

    In such a case, I will revise my answer. Sorry for the
    error in information given. These are the only exams
    that I show that are scheduled for discontinuation. This
    info is available to you, as well as being able to
    receive an update on other exams that are UP FOR
    DISCONTINUATION in the near future....
    and for the person who replied, i was referring only to
    the EXAMS expiring, NOT the certifications!!!!!!

    These are the EXAMS that will no longer be available....

    After June 30, 2004, these exams will no longer be
    offered (no candidate requirements to retain
    certification):

    Exam 70-015: Designing and Implementing Distributed
    Applications with Microsoft Visual C++® 6.0

    Exam 70-016: Designing and Implementing Desktop
    Applications with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0

    Exam 70-019: Designing and Implementing Data Warehouses
    With Microsoft SQL ServerT 7.0

    Exam 70-028: Administering Microsoft SQL Server 7.0

    Exam 70-029: Designing and Implementing Databases with
    Microsoft SQL Server 7.0

    Exam 70-100: Analyzing Requirements and Defining Solution
    Architectures

    Exam 70-152: Designing and Implementing Web Solutions
    with Microsoft Visual InterDev® 6.0

    Exam 70-155: Designing and Implementing Distributed
    Applications with Microsoft Visual FoxPro® 6.0

    Exam 70-156: Designing and Implementing Desktop
    Applications with Microsoft Visual FoxPro 6.0

    Exam 70-175: Designing and Implementing Distributed
    Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic® 6.0

    Exam 70-176: Designing and Implementing Desktop

    Kip Saunders, Aug 12, 2003
  10. ..::] k i l l i m a n j a r o [::..

    Maestro Guest

    MCP,MCSA,MCSE will expire?-reply

    Ron,

    If you don't know the answer why respond. The information
    in your response is completely in error. There are no
    *current* expiration dates for the 2000 exams.

    Maestro, Aug 12, 2003
  11. ..::] k i l l i m a n j a r o [::..

    Ron Williams Guest

    Hmm....

    I dont really need the NADS to apologize. If I am wrong
    about info, then I am wrong about it. And in this case,
    I am wrong. So, my apologies to all of you, and to the
    original person seeking the advice.

    As far as it pertains to sales: I dont even need any...I
    dont deal with "selfers" at all. I deal with corporate
    training. Wheras I need to take a closer look at the
    exams up for expiration, admittingly so after re-
    reviewing it, my product knowledge in this area is top-
    notch.

    However, I commend (and envy) ALL of you (you too Clint)
    who have the opportunity to actually experience these
    classes and go through the training, and you are to be
    appreciated for stepping up and jumping into a field that
    helps us to stay on track in the computer age.

    Clint, all of you, if my mentioning my company was at all
    offensive to any of you on this message board, I do
    apologize for that. I will admit that I wanted to reach
    some local people but ONLY in regards to the update for
    MCSE 2003...from what I am gathering, its a really good 5
    days of workshop they put together (especially 2210 for
    all of you out there who like to get down and dirty into
    the really technical study).

    SPAMMING? No. I manually wrote every reply to every
    post. Of course certs dont expire, only exams, which is
    what i was referring to (only I disclosed the wrong ones).

    Sorry once again to all.

    Regards,

    Ron Williams
    B.A.- San Diego State University

    P.S.- One would marvel at the many successes I have had
    with Inside/Outside Sales in many industries, Business
    Development, Business Management. Hell, I even own a
    small business....but hey, we all make a mistake here and
    there...maybe its time for a vacation. anyways, good
    luck to all of you.

    Ron Williams, Aug 12, 2003
  12. ..::] k i l l i m a n j a r o [::..

    ron williams Guest

    MCP,MCSA,MCSE will expire?-reply

    you are a little late, we have already established my
    error

    ron williams, Aug 12, 2003
  13. ..::] k i l l i m a n j a r o [::..

    Ron Williams Guest

    Hmm....

    Well, there arent too many people who respond too well to
    rudeness, even in the business world; where it can be
    even more treacherous and ruthless between people.

    In the end, it doesnt matter to me what anyone believes
    because I am living this incredible life that I have been
    blessed to be given the chance to live.

    all

    Ron Williams, Aug 13, 2003
  14. ..::] k i l l i m a n j a r o [::..

    SteveC Guest

    Re: Hmm....

    Are you for real - a degree? Your command of the English language is
    appalling, and quite how you would convey anything to a student is beyond
    me!

    SteveC, Aug 13, 2003
  15. ..::] k i l l i m a n j a r o [::..

    SteveC Guest

    Re: MCP,MCSA,MCSE will expire?-reply

    Unbelievable! You just can't leave it can you, you are extremely agressive
    and just have to have the last word. Not a good temperament for someone in
    your position!

    SteveC, Aug 13, 2003
  16. ..::] k i l l i m a n j a r o [::..

    Chris Guest

    Re: MCP,MCSA,MCSE will expire?-reply

    All the guy did was try and do his job, so what? is it really that
    upsetting - you see adverts on TV, Billboards..but u dont yell @ them and
    get all excited...if you don't wanna know what he has to say move on to the
    to gain information on things......so if you have your qualifications or not
    just remember this board is worldwide and is available for everyone and not
    tailored...yeah they can be annoying seeing ad's but personally they dont
    bother me cos i stop reading......i heard u Yanks were laid back!

    Chris, Aug 13, 2003
  17. ..::] k i l l i m a n j a r o [::..

    Maestro Guest

    Re: MCP,MCSA,MCSE will expire?-reply

    Chris,

    It is against newsgroup etiquette and a violation of
    Microsoft policy to use these newsgroups commercially (for
    profit). Everyone here except the guy that you're
    defending is trying to uphold these requirements. In my
    opinion seeing and not taking action is almost as bad as
    commiting the violation yourslef. If one person can do it
    and get away with it then everyone will. What's the
    purpose of having rules if no one is going to be required
    to follow them.

    I also believe that if Ron was as good as he claims to be
    he would know his target audience and we wouldn't be
    dealing with this issue.

    use these as focuses

    Maestro, Aug 13, 2003
  18. well hell.

    If someone with no time on their hands would stop
    impersonating me by using my info to post messages, as
    well as some Kip Saunders tag, then maybe things would
    lighten up here. I havent left a POST of my own on here
    ALL week. I answered a few questions from some of the
    students last week, and the only time that I mentioned
    anything about New Horizons was asking that student on the
    slide that if he knew of anyone needing testing or
    training that was in ny area, to let me know. ANY POST
    MADE THIS WEEK DIDNT COME FROM R.J. WILLIAMS OF NEW
    HORIZONS!!! plain and simple.....So from this point on,
    deal with the impostor, and refrain from using my name in
    anything regarding proper ettioquette practices.

    If I WANT to mention a class, workshop, or whatever we are
    offering....its Microsoft...and I will mention it as I see
    fit as a resource to the student who come on this
    newsgroup.....it isnt like im using this as a sales
    field. In any of MY posts, I havent mentioned NOT ONE
    CLASS...2003 or otherwise.....talk to the
    impostor....whomever he is.

    R.J. Williams, Aug 13, 2003