    there to become an MCSA. Also any additional information on the exam would be
    appreciated.

    Thanks, Matthew
    Matthew9215, Jun 8, 2006

  2. Matthew9215

    Guest Guest

    "lowdes" <> wrote in message
    news:zdMhg.12581$-kc.rr.com...
    > You are correct, you might want to buy the book. But just reading it won't
    > get you a passing score. Make sure you know all the concepts inside and out.
    > You may even want to setup a test environment so you can understand the
    > concepts. I suggest setting using VM Ware.
    >
    > Good luck.

    Ok, you've gotta be the alien that possessed lowdes skull and filled it with
    greymatter....I've just gotta prove it!!

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP #00110011
    Guest, Jun 8, 2006

  3. Matthew9215

    TheProphet Guest

    Matthew9215 wrote:
    > Hello my name is Matthew and I am looking to take the 70-270 exam
    > (Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP
    > Professional) I have not yet taken any exams to become an MCP but I would
    > like to start with this and work up to an MCSA status. My question was
    > regarding the Self-Paced Training Course and the material used to study and
    > take the test, on the Preparation Guide for Exam 70-270 page
    > (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-270.asp) I found a link to the
    > tools to take the test and was surprised to find that all I would need is one
    > book, is this true that all I will need is the MCSE Training Kit (Exam
    > 70-270) (http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/5398.asp) and I was also
    > curious about how long it took to become an MCP and how long it took from
    > there to become an MCSA. Also any additional information on the exam would be
    > appreciated.
    >

    > Thanks, Matthew

    hy
    I just passed that exam and i didn't use the book. I used video
    trainings and they work very well and also in some of the you have
    simulations included so you don't have to screw with your own system if
    you don't have resources(family computer etc..) but it will be best that
    you install vmware or something like that for exploration. Maybe you
    could try do assemble some old machine that can run server for your
    future education. Practuse makes it perfect :)

    P.S. Don't use any of the braindumps if you want to be an expert. Use
    them after you complete your training.

    brgrds
    TheProphet.

    --

    ------------------------------------
    my photography :

    http://www.fotolia.com/p/64134/partner/64134
    TheProphet, Jun 8, 2006
  4. Matthew9215

    Briscobar Guest

    TheProphet <> rambled:

    > P.S. Don't use any of the braindumps if you want to be an expert. Use
    > them after you complete your training.

    Firstly, in this industry, you're never fully trained. Secondly, if you were
    fully trained, you wouldn't need braindumps, or any other method of
    studying, for that matter. Thirdly, braindumps violate Microsoft's
    principals and legal rights, so why would you want to harm the very
    corporation that you seek approval from? Tool.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    Is www.mcngp.com experienced? Well I am...
    Briscobar, Jun 8, 2006
  5. Matthew9215

    TheProphet Guest

    > Firstly, in this industry, you're never fully trained. Secondly, if you were
    > fully trained, you wouldn't need braindumps, or any other method of
    > studying, for that matter. Thirdly, braindumps violate Microsoft's
    > principals and legal rights, so why would you want to harm the very
    > corporation that you seek approval from? Tool.
    >
    > --

    i obviously was referring on training for this particular exam, and yes
    indeed you're never fully trained but you get to the level enough for
    passing an exam, i mentioned braindumps because whole group is full of
    spamms so he don't chose to study via braindumps. I don't encourage
    anyone for using them and yes it's cheap and low and has a bad influence
    on Microsoft's certificate value.

    TheProphet

    --

    ------------------------------------

    TheProphet, Jun 8, 2006
  6. Matthew9215

    Briscobar Guest

    TheProphet <> rambled:

    >> Firstly, in this industry, you're never fully trained. Secondly, if
    >> you were fully trained, you wouldn't need braindumps, or any other
    >> method of studying, for that matter. Thirdly, braindumps violate
    >> Microsoft's principals and legal rights, so why would you want to
    >> harm the very corporation that you seek approval from? Tool.
    >>
    >> --

    > i obviously was referring on training for this particular exam, and
    > yes indeed you're never fully trained but you get to the level enough
    > for passing an exam, i mentioned braindumps because whole group is
    > full of spamms so he don't chose to study via braindumps. I don't
    > encourage anyone for using them and yes it's cheap and low and has a
    > bad influence on Microsoft's certificate value.
    >
    > TheProphet

    The fact is you did encourage the OP to use braindumps, though. I will quote
    you again. "Use them after you complete your training." Their price is
    irrelevant. They can be downloaded for free, they can be purchased through
    T3stk!ing and other such idiotic companies. They're still a violation of the
    NDA, not to mention what it does to the perceived value of the certification
    both within the industry, and to HR droids.

    Maybe you want to take one more shot at discouraging the OP from using any
    braindumps under any circumstances.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    www.mcngp.com = t3h h0tn3ss
    Briscobar, Jun 8, 2006
  7. Matthew9215

    TheProphet Guest

    Briscobar wrote:
    > The fact is you did encourage the OP to use braindumps, though. I

    will quote
    > you again. "Use them after you complete your training." Their price is
    > irrelevant. They can be downloaded for free, they can be purchased through
    > T3stk!ing and other such idiotic companies. They're still a violation of the
    > NDA, not to mention what it does to the perceived value of the certification
    > both within the industry, and to HR droids.
    >
    > Maybe you want to take one more shot at discouraging the OP from using any
    > braindumps under any circumstances.
    >
    > --
    > KB
    >
    > MCNGP #26
    > www.mcngp.com = t3h h0tn3ss

    with "cheap and low" i didn't refer to their price, anyway, i see you
    don't have anything better to do than flame.

    EOD

    --

    ------------------------------------

    TheProphet, Jun 8, 2006
  8. Matthew9215

    Guest Guest

    << While I was at work, TheProphet spurted out:

    > with "cheap and low" i didn't refer to their price, anyway, i see you
    > don't have anything better to do than flame.
    >
    > EOD

    Your perceptions are all phuCked up. Briscobar wasn't flaming you, he was simply
    pointing out that you're a moron for suggesting that Matthew9215 use br@!ndumps.
    Just by that simple suggestion, you are ENCOURAGING the use of
    br@!ndumps....AND, if you yourself hold an MCP Certificate (as you stated you
    already passed the exam, I'm guessing you are), then you have violated
    Microsoft's NDA and are at risk of losing the very certification you hold.

    Yes, M$ does watch all of these posts. And no, I don't have anything better to
    do right now than flame you.

    --
    BD
    MCNGP #00110011
    Guest, Jun 8, 2006
  9. Matthew9215

    Matthew9215 Guest

    I do have two computers that I can use for practicing, but I did look at VM
    ware and might use that to save me the trouble of dusting off the ol' boxes
    and trying to fix their problems before I can practice. I also looked up
    braindumps and am not interested because im doing this to LEARN not to say I
    am an MCP. I have also looked into the video training, but I think I might

    Matthew9215, Jun 9, 2006
  10. Matthew9215

    TheProphet Guest

    > Your perceptions are all phuCked up. Briscobar wasn't flaming you, he was simply
    > pointing out that you're a moron for suggesting that Matthew9215 use br@!ndumps.
    > Just by that simple suggestion, you are ENCOURAGING the use of
    > br@!ndumps....AND, if you yourself hold an MCP Certificate (as you stated you
    > already passed the exam, I'm guessing you are), then you have violated
    > Microsoft's NDA and are at risk of losing the very certification you hold.
    >
    > Yes, M$ does watch all of these posts. And no, I don't have anything better to
    > do right now than flame you.

    let me answer to you, as moron to moron. I didn't encourage him to use
    braindumps, i tried to tell him that he DON'T use braindumps for his
    training, maybe my statement was put wrong and i apologize for that. I
    really must work on my english because everything is misunderstood.
    ok,now i will remove br......ps from my dictionary so no one can tell me
    that i encouraged them to use that :I

    --

    ------------------------------------

    TheProphet, Jun 9, 2006
  11. Matthew9215

    TheProphet Guest

    Matthew9215 wrote:
    > I do have two computers that I can use for practicing, but I did look at VM
    > ware and might use that to save me the trouble of dusting off the ol' boxes
    > and trying to fix their problems before I can practice. I also looked up
    > braindumps and am not interested because im doing this to LEARN not to say I
    > am an MCP. I have also looked into the video training, but I think I might
    > stick to the books and practice though, thanks for your advice. "BD" wrote:

    just one little thing, if you have problems with your system being slow
    after configuring vmware try to upgrade some memory depending on a
    system you build in vmware environment.

    brgrds
    TheProphet

    --

    ------------------------------------

    TheProphet, Jun 9, 2006
  12. Matthew9215

    Garth H Guest

    Oh yeah, brain dumps after you get your cert. Riiiight....

    Sure, you can use them, but are you willing to take the chance that MS
    will find out about it, strip you of your cert and give your employer an
    excuse to fire you?

    In case you haven't been paying attention, falsifying items on one's
    resume isn't the best way to keep a job. Sure you might get a job, but
    explaining to a prospective employer why you got fired, and how you lost
    your cert isn't something you're going to want to look forward to. Not
    to mention that getting stripped due to an NDA violation does wonders to
    your integrity and dispatch your trustworthiness.

    It's not as bad as say a dishonorable discharge from the military, but
    hiring managers only need one reason to discard your resume.

    --
    Garth H

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Macromedia Certified Developer
    Garth H, Jun 9, 2006
  13. Matthew9215

    petine Guest

    Garth H escreveu:

    > Oh yeah, brain dumps after you get your cert. Riiiight....
    >
    > Sure, you can use them, but are you willing to take the chance that MS
    > will find out about it, strip you of your cert and give your employer an
    > excuse to fire you?
    >
    > In case you haven't been paying attention, falsifying items on one's
    > resume isn't the best way to keep a job. Sure you might get a job, but
    > explaining to a prospective employer why you got fired, and how you lost
    > your cert isn't something you're going to want to look forward to. Not
    > to mention that getting stripped due to an NDA violation does wonders to
    > your integrity and dispatch your trustworthiness.
    >
    > It's not as bad as say a dishonorable discharge from the military, but
    > hiring managers only need one reason to discard your resume.
    >
    > --
    > Garth H
    >
    > Microsoft Certified Professional
    > Macromedia Certified Developer

    sorry, but what the hell is a braindump??
    petine, Jun 14, 2006
  14. Matthew9215

    Guest Guest

    << While I was at work, petine spurted out:

    > sorry, but what the hell is a braindump??

    If you don't know...don't worry about looking for one. Just know that they are
    ILLEGAL pieces of material used to devalue these certifications. If any exam
    prep, claims to use "100% A©tual 3xam questions" or anything of the sorts, just
    stay away.
    --
    BD
    MCNGP #00110011