    focusing on .Net, if this is so, is there an Exam for VB.Net that will allow
    MCP certifications, I am unable to find info on this. Thanks in advance!
    Mitch

    Mitch, Aug 27, 2004

  2. Mitch,

    According to the Microsoft Learning website
    <http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-175.asp>, "Exam 70-175 is
    scheduled to be discontinued and will not be available after June 30, 2004.
    For more information about discontinued exams, please see the Discontinuation
    of Exams page."

    The .NET equivalent of the 70-175 exam is Exam 70-306, "Developing and
    Implementing Windows-based Applications with Microsoft Visual Basic .NET and
    Microsoft Visual Studio .NET"
    <http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-306.asp>. When you pass the
    Developing and Implementing Microsoft Windows®-based Applications with
    Microsoft Visual Basic® .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio® .NET exam, you
    achieve Microsoft Certified Professional status.

    Regards,
    Carnegie

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybmVnaWU=?=, Aug 28, 2004

  3. Hi Mitch,

    In addition to what Carnegie said, a VB6 course will NOT prepare you for
    VB.NET exams at all. According to
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/vbasic/support/vb6.aspx, mainstream support for
    VB6 ends on March 31, 2005 and extended support ends in March 2008.

    Unless your employer wants you to train for a specific VB6 job, I'd focus on
    ..NET.

    www.cindywinegarden.com

    Cindy Winegarden, Aug 28, 2004
  4. Mitch

    Mitch Guest

    Its decided then, I will be tracking on the .net stream since my employer
    doesnt care which one it is.

    Thank-you all very much.
    Mitch

    Mitch, Aug 30, 2004