    above MCP. Anybody have any motivation techniques for me or advice on how to
    pass the exam. I am starting to think that the exam is just too much for me
    to handle :-(
    AA - Studying MCP 70-270, Oct 15, 2008

  2. AA - Studying MCP 70-270

    John R Guest

    "AA - Studying MCP 70-270" <>
    wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I currently studying towords my first MCP.
    >
    > I've sat the exam twice now. I first started about 2 years ago when I
    > first
    > sat the above exam. I failed at around the 400 mark and resat another 6
    > moths
    > ago, but failed around the 560 mark. Since then I ve gained my COMPTIA A+
    > and
    > Network +, but I am having really problems getting back into studying for
    > the
    > above MCP. Anybody have any motivation techniques for me or advice on how
    > pass the exam. I am starting to think that the exam is just too much for
    > me
    > to handle :-(

    The exam objectives can be reviewed here...
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-270.mspx

    I found the MS Press book to be pretty good, especially for this exam.

    Try to structure your studying, for example set a goal of two or three
    chapters a week.

    And of course, setup a test machine (either a physical machine or a virtual
    one), and play with it. Do the practice exercises in the book, make up your
    own scenarios, etc, etc.

    If you've passed A+ and Network+, I am sure this exam is not too much for
    you.

    Good Luck to you,

    John R
    John R, Oct 15, 2008

  3. AA - Studying MCP 70-270

    JohnB Guest

    If it's in your budget, buy one of the practice tests that are available.
    Transcender and Self Test Software are the most popular.
    http://www.selftestsoftware.com/product.aspx?product_id=70-270&Search=1
    I use Self Test Software's, they're a little less expensive than Transcender

    And of course, the benefit is it really helps you gauge whether or not
    you're ready for the real test. If you can score at least 90 on the
    practice tests, every time, you stand a VERY good chance of passing the real
    thing. Your results may vary.

    They run a 25% off special about once every 4 - 6 weeks, which makes it
    pretty reasonable.

    JohnB, Oct 15, 2008
  4. "AA - Studying MCP 70-270" <>
    wrote in message news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I currently studying towords my first MCP.
    >
    > I've sat the exam twice now. I first started about 2 years ago when I
    > first
    > sat the above exam. I failed at around the 400 mark and resat another 6
    > moths
    > ago, but failed around the 560 mark. Since then I ve gained my COMPTIA A+
    > and
    > Network +, but I am having really problems getting back into studying for
    > the
    > above MCP. Anybody have any motivation techniques for me or advice on how
    > pass the exam. I am starting to think that the exam is just too much for
    > me
    > to handle :-(

    Buy a self test like transcender or use tthe review suite with the resource
    kit.
    Build a test machine, you can use Vmware or vpc. Study hard but learn to
    read the the questions and stay focused.
    I think u can get it.
    For me fixing the date for the exam is always a way to push myself to study
    hard.

    Ciao from me
    Dino
    dino kwang yang, Oct 15, 2008
  5. "AA - Studying MCP 70-270"
    <> wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > I currently studying towords my first MCP.
    >
    > I've sat the exam twice now. I first started about 2 years ago when I first
    > sat the above exam. I failed at around the 400 mark and resat another 6 moths
    > ago, but failed around the 560 mark. Since then I ve gained my COMPTIA A+ and
    > Network +, but I am having really problems getting back into studying for the
    > above MCP. Anybody have any motivation techniques for me or advice on how to
    > pass the exam. I am starting to think that the exam is just too much for me
    > to handle :-(

    Why do you want to sit this exam to begin with?

    What is YOUR motivation behind it?

    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
    The I.T. Classroom Blog - http://www.theitclassroom.com
    Michael D. Alligood, Oct 19, 2008