    Kevin Guest

    I have my MCP in 2000 but stopped there, going to restart but was wondering
    if I can upgrade to 2003 or should I just start from scratch?
    Kevin, Dec 26, 2007

  2. Kevin wrote:
    > I have my MCP in 2000 but stopped there, going to restart but was wondering
    > if I can upgrade to 2003 or should I just start from scratch?

    Upgrade = 2 tests
    Start from Scratch = >2 tests

    MG
    Mostly Gizzards, Jan 2, 2008

  3. Kevin

    Chris Lobban Guest

    Mostly Gizzards wrote:
    > Kevin wrote:
    >> I have my MCP in 2000 but stopped there, going to restart but was
    >> wondering if I can upgrade to 2003 or should I just start from scratch?

    > Upgrade = 2 tests
    > Start from Scratch = >2 tests
    >
    > MG

    Two things to clarify about this answer:
    1st/ It assumes that when you say "MCP" you mean "MCSE". If you only
    have your MCP (1 random exam) then there's no upgrade available and you
    have to start from scratch.
    2nd/ The upgrade from MCSE 2000 to MCSE 2003 is only available for 3
    more months (expires at the end of March). So if you want to go this
    route, better get a move on, or Scratch will be your only option.

    Chris
    Chris Lobban, Jan 2, 2008
  4. Kevin

    John R Guest

    "Chris Lobban" <> wrote in message
    > Mostly Gizzards wrote:
    >> Kevin wrote:
    >>> I have my MCP in 2000 but stopped there, going to restart but was
    >>> wondering if I can upgrade to 2003 or should I just start from scratch?

    >> Upgrade = 2 tests
    >> Start from Scratch = >2 tests
    >>
    >> MG

    > Two things to clarify about this answer:
    > 1st/ It assumes that when you say "MCP" you mean "MCSE". If you only have
    > your MCP (1 random exam) then there's no upgrade available and you have to
    > start from scratch.
    > 2nd/ The upgrade from MCSE 2000 to MCSE 2003 is only available for 3 more
    > months (expires at the end of March). So if you want to go this route,
    > better get a move on, or Scratch will be your only option.

    Well, maybe not from scratch. Certainly 70-292 and 70-296 will retire at
    the end of March, that is a given.
    However, an MCSE on 2000 can still take (70-290 and 70-291) in lieu of
    70-292, and (70-293 and 70-294) in lieu of 70-296. None of those exams will
    be retiring any time soon. Longer paths certainly, but still not from
    "scratch".

    John R
    John R, Jan 2, 2008
  5. Chris Lobban wrote:
    > Mostly Gizzards wrote:
    >> Kevin wrote:
    >>> I have my MCP in 2000 but stopped there, going to restart but was
    >>> wondering if I can upgrade to 2003 or should I just start from scratch?

    >> Upgrade = 2 tests
    >> Start from Scratch = >2 tests
    >>
    >> MG

    > Two things to clarify about this answer:
    > 1st/ It assumes that when you say "MCP" you mean "MCSE". If you only
    > have your MCP (1 random exam) then there's no upgrade available and you
    > have to start from scratch.
    > 2nd/ The upgrade from MCSE 2000 to MCSE 2003 is only available for 3
    > more months (expires at the end of March). So if you want to go this
    > route, better get a move on, or Scratch will be your only option.
    >
    > Chris

    MCP 2k 0.0

    Whoops. Reading may have beaten me this time, but I'll be back!
    <evil laugh>

    MG
    Mostly Gizzards, Jan 3, 2008