MCNGP or not to MCNGP?

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Robert Williams, Jan 27, 2006.

  1. I'm looking at the MCNGP Site contemplating registration and I figured I'd
    answer some of these questions first. But I'd like the
    opinions of some of you more experienced MCNGPs in the group as to whether I
    should actually register or not.

    MCNGP Requirements:

    1.. Must be able to prove proficiency in network design implementation and
    management.
    --Shouldn't be a problem, I've been a Network Admin since NT 4.0, I'm working on
    my MCSA/MCSE now to actually prove the proficiency.

    2.. Must excel in OS installation methods, performance tweaking and
    troubleshooting.
    --Again, shouldn't be a problem, built computers and networks long before I
    became a Net Admin. Built all of my own computers,
    except for that first Compaq, had to REbuild that one after I took it apart.

    3.. Must frequent microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse and provide a proven track
    record of technically competent posts.
    --Doing this now. It's a real friggin experience.

    4.. Must demonstrate posting skills both defensive and offensively.
    --Hope I've done a good enough job, if not, they'll get better, I've just gotta
    get used to y'all. And if you don't like my posts, you can fsck off and go read
    your sappy Harlequins

    5.. Must know what Chalk's term is and must have used it at least twice in
    it's pure form.
    --I know what it is, but for fear of letting the secret out to the
    a.z.z.f.u.s.k.e.r.s that claim to be outsmarting the system by
    taking br@indumps and cheat exams, I'm not going to blurt it out.

    6.. Must have excellent knowledge of Kerpalism.
    --Kerpal was a wise man, I remember this time my daughter went to his house and
    kicked the kr@p out of his dog. Funny story, I'll have to tell it some day.

    7.. Must be willing to stand beside your fellow MCNGP's.
    --Beside, behind, or in front of, intelligence and arrogance prevail.

    Proficiency in the following areas:
    1.. Enterprise solutions.
    --It's just Small Business solutions right now. But to quote a great
    Jefferson...."We're mooovin' on up...."

    2.. Operating Systems other then (<---Tell the friggin webmaster to fix the
    typo, it's "THAN") and as well as MS.
    --Ok, sorry, hardcore MS user here. I took too many courses in college that
    forced me to work on UNIX/LINUX systems. Worst
    experience in my life. Not that it was difficult, just slow and boring. Worked
    with X-Windows a little, just not the same. And
    those MACs scuk...who the h3ll would design a mouse with 1 click function?!?!
    Although the MAC graphics, for pictures and video,
    were far superior to MS, I still prefer MS's functions.

    3.. Proper use and misuse, when appropriate, of the English language.
    --I think you all know my view of the English language by now.

    4.. Newsgroup Flaming Techniques.
    --If I haven't, I will, be sure of that.

    5.. Belittling those whose skill set is far beneath their own, in a tactful
    and professional manner.
    --Ha! I once told a guy to go to h3ll in such a polite way, that I was also able
    to get him to bring me back a cup of coffee when he returned.

    6.. Fluent in movie, tv and song quoting.
    --Between me and my brother, we know everything. Hmmm....sorry...that, my
    brother knows.
    Robert Williams, Jan 27, 2006

  2. Robert Williams

    JaR Guest

    the plaintive wail of Robert Williams:

    > I'm looking at the MCNGP Site contemplating registration and I figured
    > I'd answer some of these questions first. But I'd like the
    > opinions of some of you more experienced MCNGPs in the group as to
    > whether I should actually register or not.

    A trifling misunderstanding here.

    Registering to access the site does not grant one MCNGP status. Also be
    aware that it only permits use of the public sections. Use of the so-
    called "Sekrit Site" is restricted to holders of the hallowed MCNGP only.

    MCNGP status is awarded only to individuals that have demonstrated the
    qualities mentioned on the site, and nomination by a member, after
    careful review by the membership committee, and a vote of the membership.

    Bribery is, of course, an acceptable alternative to the qualification
    process, but be forewarned, we are not cheap!

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110
    JaR, Jan 27, 2006

  3. Robert Williams

    kpg Guest

    JaR <> said something like

    > Bribery is, of course, an acceptable alternative to the qualification
    > process, but be forewarned, we are not cheap!

    But kpg is cheaper than most, so IM me and I'm sure we can
    work out a deal.

    kpg
    kpg, Jan 27, 2006
  4. Robert Williams

    Jtyc Guest

    > but be forewarned, we are not cheap!

    Speak for yourself.

    I'm very cheap.

    *winks*
    Jtyc, Jan 27, 2006
  5. <snipage>
    Bribery is, of course, an acceptable alternative to the qualification
    process, but be forewarned, we are not cheap!
    </snipage>

    Frisbee is

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jan 27, 2006
  6. Robert Williams

    Jtyc Guest

    > But kpg is cheaper than most, so IM me and I'm sure we can
    > work out a deal.

    I have nicer legs.
    Jtyc, Jan 27, 2006
  7. Robert Williams

    JaR Guest

    plaintive wail of The Rev [MCT]:

    > Frisbee is

    > But kpg is cheaper than most, so IM me and I'm sure we can

    work out a deal.

    >I'm very cheap.

    *sigh*

    Guys, guys!

    At this rate, we are never going to pay off the mortgage on the clubhouse.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110
    JaR, Jan 27, 2006
  8. I thought Neil took one for the team last week and all that was taken car of
    now.

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jan 27, 2006
  9. "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > Echoed forth from the dank caverns of microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse,
    > the plaintive wail of Robert Williams:
    >
    > > I'm looking at the MCNGP Site contemplating registration and I figured
    > > I'd answer some of these questions first. But I'd like the
    > > opinions of some of you more experienced MCNGPs in the group as to
    > > whether I should actually register or not.

    > A trifling misunderstanding here.
    >
    > Registering to access the site does not grant one MCNGP status. Also be
    > aware that it only permits use of the public sections. Use of the so-
    > called "Sekrit Site" is restricted to holders of the hallowed MCNGP only.

    No sh!t? Really? Maybe you missed my point. I was contemplating registering,
    AND while I was at it, I would poast my knowledge of the requirements to become
    an MCNGP. I don't expect immediate MCNGP status from my poast, just found
    answering those requirements to be entertaining.

    > MCNGP status is awarded only to individuals that have demonstrated the
    > qualities mentioned on the site, and nomination by a member, after
    > careful review by the membership committee, and a vote of the membership.

    Wow, a committee! Do you have a Yacht club, too?

    > Bribery is, of course, an acceptable alternative to the qualification
    > process, but be forewarned, we are not cheap!

    How expensive are the BJs?

    Hope you didn't get too flamed at what I wrote, it's all in jest. I like to
    test my boundaries and push the edge.
    Robert Williams, Jan 27, 2006
  10. "kpg" <ipost@thereforeiam> wrote in message
    > JaR <> said something like
    >
    > > Bribery is, of course, an acceptable alternative to the qualification
    > > process, but be forewarned, we are not cheap!

    > But kpg is cheaper than most, so IM me and I'm sure we can
    > work out a deal.
    >
    > kpg

    I don't know ALL the members yet, but as soon as I see MCNGP # in your sig, I'll
    look you up.
    Robert Williams, Jan 27, 2006
  11. "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    > > But kpg is cheaper than most, so IM me and I'm sure we can
    > > work out a deal.

    > I have nicer legs.

    I like "stupid" legs.....that's when they make a perfect a$$ out of themselves.
    Robert Williams, Jan 27, 2006
  12. "Jtyc" <> wrote in message
    > > but be forewarned, we are not cheap!

    > Speak for yourself.
    >

    > I'm very cheap.
    >

    > *winks*

    Like I said to kgp, I don't know all the members yet, but when I see MCNGP # in
    your sig, I'll look you up.

    We'll have a bidding war.
    Robert Williams, Jan 27, 2006
  13. "JaR" <> wrote in message
    > Echoed forth from the dank caverns of microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse, the
    > plaintive wail of The Rev [MCT]:
    >
    > > Frisbee is

    > > But kpg is cheaper than most, so IM me and I'm sure we can

    > work out a deal.
    >
    > >I'm very cheap.

    > *sigh*
    >
    > Guys, guys!
    >
    > At this rate, we are never going to pay off the mortgage on the clubhouse.

    Clubhouse? or Treehouse?
    Robert Williams, Jan 27, 2006
  14. > Wow, a committee! Do you have a Yacht club, too?

    We do have a Ferrari.....

    --
    ..rev.mct.mcngp.44

    accepting it.
    ~Aristotle
    ..

    The Rev [MCT], Jan 27, 2006
  15. Robert Williams

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Robert Williams"
    <> say in

    > Clubhouse? or Treehouse?

    both. The treehouse is out back for a quiet evening under teh stars with
    the more interested ladies. The clubhouse is a more fortified ascape from
    the groupies who wont leave us alone.

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP#30

    - I am, therefore, I think. I think.
    Neil, Jan 27, 2006
  16. Robert Williams

    JaR Guest

    the plaintive wail of Robert Williams:

    > No sh!t? Really? Maybe you missed my point.

    Eh? Possibly. Hang on a tic.

    *re-reads OP*

    Well, you do a nice job ob obscuring that point. However, in the interest
    of brevity and generousity, I willingly concede that I missed said point.

    > Wow, a committee! Do you have a Yacht club, too?

    Yes, we do. Although the fleet is [0] currently limited to a Donzi with a
    blown engine, a couple of leaky rowboats, and one of those swan things
    you paddle around in that Rowdy stole from a park somewhere.

    > How expensive are the BJs?

    You will have to make your own arrangements with Maggie. She may not
    swallow, but she bakes a mean choklit chip cookie.

    > Hope you didn't get too flamed at what I wrote, it's all in jest. I
    > like to test my boundaries and push the edge.

    It's unlikely that could happen.

    [0] Due to budget restraints caused by members setting their bribery
    thresholds too low.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP 10110
    JaR, Jan 27, 2006
  17. You realize that you look like a desperate wannabie right?

    Death from Above

    Death from Above, Jan 27, 2006
  18. "Neil" <guess!!!@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > did you hear "Robert Williams"
    > <> say in
    >
    > > Clubhouse? or Treehouse?

    > both. The treehouse is out back for a quiet evening under teh stars with
    > the more interested ladies. The clubhouse is a more fortified ascape from
    > the groupies who wont leave us alone.

    Sweet...But does that mean there are two fees?
    Robert Williams, Jan 27, 2006
  19. Robert Williams

    JaR Guest

    plaintive wail of The Rev [MCT]:

    >> Wow, a committee! Do you have a Yacht club, too?

    > We do have a Ferrari.....

    Somewhere...

    --
    JaR