    days of Sven , Consultant's comments would have been seen as
    positively gentlemanly, count yourself lucky!

    MCNGP and Consultant carry on the great tradition.

    Mah - Dee, Sep 5, 2003

  2. Mah  -  Dee

    Tron2003 Guest

    and she will suck your dick too

    Tron2003, Sep 5, 2003

  3. "Tron2003" <> wrote in message
    > and she will suck your dick too

    This explains a lot.

    --
    Fris "Jealousy is not pretty" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Sep 5, 2003
  4. Mah  -  Dee

    S. O'Brien Guest

    who is this she?

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69

    S. O'Brien, Sep 5, 2003
  5. Mah  -  Dee

    Tron2003 Guest

    ok I'm not sure if Mah Dee is a Mah She or a Mah He. I was just being a
    smart ass

    Tron2003, Sep 5, 2003
  6. Mah  -  Dee

    Maestro Guest

    I am not anti Consultant nor am I anti MCNGP. I just
    don't support the MCNGPs approach to dealing
    with "newbies" and by extension have to disagree with
    pretty much everything you've said. For starters none of
    us here decide on what can be posted or how often it get's
    posted. This is Microsoft's newgroup and if they were
    really concerned about what happens in here they would
    have taken action long before now. Since they haven't I
    have to assume they don't care. I know about the concern
    over censorship, but that's something I'm willing to
    risk. I personally think these newsgroups should be
    moderated. Then anyone visiting could get the best value
    and maybe even some of what they've come here looking
    for. You can defend them as much as you like, but no one
    here can deny that there are relatively very few threads
    that pertain to MCSE and the same holds true for the MCSA
    group. I come here because some of the post are very
    entertaining and I literally find myself laughing out loud
    at times, but when I'm looking for real information I go
    to other groups where even those who ask stupid questions
    (as far as I can tell) are gently guided in the right
    direction to find what they need on their own.

    Newbies may not know about the rules of etiquette. Why
    not explain it to them and then if they continue, you have
    my blessing in giving them what they deserve.

    Some of the stupid questions do get what they deserve, but
    I can't help but wonder if some of the extremely stupid
    ones are posted only for shock value.

    Maestro, Sep 6, 2003
  7. Mah  -  Dee

    Mah - Dee Guest

    Each newsgroup has a charter.
    Time was when people read it.

    Take on board what you're saying though. It does *seem* harsh. But
    this newsgroup has gone down hill steadily for at leaat two of the
    last five years.

    I agree there are virtually no threads relating to topics to do with
    the purpose of this news group. Where there are technical questions,
    they get answered and people like Laura continue to persevere and
    offer good advice.

    There is definitely a vein of "get a reaction" or "shock tactic"
    posts. These posts are the ones that devalue this and other news
    groups not the MCNGP comments.

    I'm fairly sure Micro$oft take a view that free speech is a right and
    allow the content. Should a newsgroup about MCSE be moderated by
    Micro$oft ? - I dont believe it should otherwise all the posts would
    say is how great M$ is and how flawless their products all are.

    I was a lurker here for NT4, 2000, Exchange, SQL and the rest and
    thought I'd see how well the group was doing on the 2003 track. I'll
    disappear back into the shadows until I see some intelligent threads
    of relevance to my current studies.

    On Fri, 5 Sep 2003 16:31:15 -0700, "Maestro" <>
    wrote:

    >I am not anti Consultant nor am I anti MCNGP. I just
    >don't support the MCNGPs approach to dealing
    >with "newbies" and by extension have to disagree with
    >pretty much everything you've said. For starters none of
    >us here decide on what can be posted or how often it get's
    >posted. This is Microsoft's newgroup and if they were
    >really concerned about what happens in here they would
    >have taken action long before now. Since they haven't I
    >have to assume they don't care. I know about the concern
    >over censorship, but that's something I'm willing to
    >risk. I personally think these newsgroups should be
    >moderated. Then anyone visiting could get the best value
    >and maybe even some of what they've come here looking
    >for. You can defend them as much as you like, but no one
    >here can deny that there are relatively very few threads
    >that pertain to MCSE and the same holds true for the MCSA
    >group. I come here because some of the post are very
    >entertaining and I literally find myself laughing out loud
    >at times, but when I'm looking for real information I go
    >to other groups where even those who ask stupid questions
    >(as far as I can tell) are gently guided in the right
    >direction to find what they need on their own.
    >
    >Newbies may not know about the rules of etiquette. Why
    >not explain it to them and then if they continue, you have
    >my blessing in giving them what they deserve.
    >
    >Some of the stupid questions do get what they deserve, but
    >I can't help but wonder if some of the extremely stupid
    >ones are posted only for shock value.

    <snip>

    Mah - Dee, Sep 7, 2003
  8. Mah  -  Dee

    Kendal Emery Guest

    "Maestro" <> wrote in message

    <SNIP>

    > Newbies may not know about the rules of etiquette. Why
    > not explain it to them and then if they continue, you have
    > my blessing in giving them what they deserve.

    The difference is, that this is a newsgroup dedicated to people who are
    supposedly going to get certified. They should have at least a basic
    understanding of at least search engines, not to mention the product. Or
    even the decency to read the group for at least a week beofre posting the "I
    am new, where do I get information" post. I have wondered how many of these
    posts are actually fronts for someone coming back with the "Oh, go to
    www.mywebsite.com for all the information you need".

    > Some of the stupid questions do get what they deserve, but
    > I can't help but wonder if some of the extremely stupid
    > ones are posted only for shock value.

    Systems Administrator
    Coordinated Home Care

    remove me to email to me

    Kendal Emery, Sep 8, 2003
  9. Mah  -  Dee

    SWE Guest

    If you don't mind sharing, what other groups do you use, I'd like to check
    them out. You can email me personally if you don't want to post it here.

    Thanks.

    SWE, Sep 8, 2003
  10. Mah  -  Dee

    Maestro Guest

    ....and there in I believe lies part of the problem. There
    is nothing about becoming an MCSE that requires the
    candidate to be able to navigate or understand a newsgroup
    or a search engine. We think they all should simply
    because we do, whereas in reality not everyone does. It's
    good that you did, and I alse generally try to find out as
    much as I can about a subject before jumping in, but that
    does not mean that everyone does or will. As I stated
    there are some that clearly don't have the slightest clue
    based on the questions they ask. If we really want to
    help the industry we should nurture or guide the
    misguided, to include recommending they pursue a different
    career if they demonstrate that they don't have what it
    takes. In the end however, I think the industry will take
    care of itself.

    Maestro, Sep 8, 2003
  11. Mah  -  Dee

    Maestro Guest

    The other newsgroups deal with specific topics, active
    directory, dns, dhcp, etc. Here is a link for the web
    based version, but if you have a newsreader you can get
    there with no problem.
    http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx

    Maestro, Sep 8, 2003