    can make fun of them.

    --
    Famous last words "I wonder what this does..."
    Bill McPherson, May 17, 2006

  2. << While I was at work, Bill McPherson spurted out:
    > I heard a radio commercial this morning about becoming a Microsoft
    > Certified Network Administrator and how they make between $40K -
    > $70K. I just laughed. I wish I remember the name of the tech, I
    > hope it wasn't actually a respectable one. I'm soooo calling them
    > when I find out who it was so I can make fun of them.

    Have fun! There aren't that many, but maybe you should record the
    conversations...you know...so we can laugh too.

    http://www.google.com/search?num=10...q="Microsoft Certified Network Administrator"

    http://tinyurl.com/oswf3

    But you may want to do a little research before you just go calling people on
    something you know little about. Microsoft Certified Network Administrator is
    also known as MCSA and if you do a search for it (in quotes) within MS, you will
    find that it links to a single page.....MCSA...

    http://www.google.com/search?source...m "Microsoft Certified Network Administrator"

    http://tinyurl.com/pgvhd

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP #00110011
    Bigus Di©kus, May 17, 2006

  3. At first I only feel slightly silly, but after thinking about it and looking
    at the search results, I stand by my thoughts. The only ones who use that
    is academia - and they suck.
    I've never seen anyone (most importantly Microsoft) refer to the MCSA as
    MCNA before. I even looked on microsoft.com/learning ot make sure there
    wasn't something new. I guess it is like calling a Microsoft Certified
    Professional (MCP) a Microsoft Certified Person.
    What would you do if someone came in and said they were a Microsoft

    Bill McPherson, May 17, 2006
  4. Bill McPherson

    JaR Guest

    "Bill McPherson" <> wrote in news:uadctDgeGHA.3640
    @TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl:

    > What would you do if someone came in and said they were a Microsoft
    > Certified Network Administrator?

    Well, for starters, I wouldn't be offering it anything remotely in the
    proximity of $40K, let alone $70K.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22
    JaR, May 17, 2006
  5. << While I was at work, Bill McPherson spurted out:
    > At first I only feel slightly silly, but after thinking about it and
    > looking at the search results, I stand by my thoughts. The only ones
    > who use that is academia - and they suck.
    > I've never seen anyone (most importantly Microsoft) refer to the MCSA
    > as MCNA before. I even looked on microsoft.com/learning ot make sure
    > there wasn't something new. I guess it is like calling a Microsoft
    > Certified Professional (MCP) a Microsoft Certified Person.

    My only point was that it has been used by others and MS even found the need to
    add the term to their metadata on that particular page.

    But yes, you are correct, most of the people that I've seen refer to it in those
    terms are academic persons; and the kicker is that those who use that term are
    generally non-MS or anti-MS persons that believe in running a completely
    open-source system. I found many of the CS Professors at TX A&M CC were like
    that...they tried shoving that crap down our throats and it was sickening.

    > What would you do if someone came in and said they were a Microsoft
    > Certified Network Administrator?

    I'd tell him the company he's looking for is the National Aerobatics and Stunts
    Administration (NASA)

    ;)

    Bigus Di©kus, May 17, 2006