    certified. I bet if I get Linux certified, I'll get some kind of Tux Penguin
    shirt. I haven't gotten a free T-Shirt from Microsoft since I attend a
    Windows 2000 Technet Briefing in 1999. Cheap Bastards!
    Dude, Apr 29, 2008

  2. Dude

    John R Guest

    "Dude" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Geez, Microsoft is really getting cheap. I got my MCITP welcome kit
    > today.
    > My new MCP/MCITP ID Card didn't even mention that I'm also an MCSE and
    > MCSA.
    > The new card is thinner and didn't include the magnetic strip.

    Just out of curiosity, I can't ever recall the mag strip on my MCP card ever
    being used for anything, anything at all. I've attended countless Microsoft
    events, and never once was the strip ever used. They always make me print
    out a bar code that they scan at the event. Is there a use for the strip?
    Did it have any HIPAA data on it? Has anyone ever actually swiped one to
    see what data was there?

    > They didn't
    > even include a Logo Pin or Magnet like they did in previous welcome kits
    > either.

    The logo pin is a babe magnet. The force is too strong for it to be used
    responsibly.

    > At least CompTIA gave me a free T-Shirt when I got Security+
    > certified. I bet if I get Linux certified, I'll get some kind of Tux
    > Penguin
    > shirt. I haven't gotten a free T-Shirt from Microsoft since I attend a
    > Windows 2000 Technet Briefing in 1999.

    The last T-Shirt I got was from the Windows-95 release and had the logos of
    all the partners on the back. Although at the 'Heroes Happen Here' event in
    Pittsburgh this year, I got a lunch bag with 'Microsoft' printed on it.
    Swag ain't cheap ya know!

    John R
    John R, Apr 29, 2008

  3. Well, you don't have to get certified! :)

    The logo pin is just to pick up chicks (and it works!)... Of course, it is
    all available for purchase! :p

    Dustin

    --

    Dustin Harper

    Dustin Harper, Apr 30, 2008
  4. "Dude" <> wrote in message

    > Geez, Microsoft is really getting cheap. I got my MCITP welcome kit today.
    > My new MCP/MCITP ID Card didn't even mention that I'm also an MCSE and MCSA.
    > The new card is thinner and didn't include the magnetic strip. They didn't
    > even include a Logo Pin or Magnet like they did in previous welcome kits
    > either. At least CompTIA gave me a free T-Shirt when I got Security+
    > certified. I bet if I get Linux certified, I'll get some kind of Tux Penguin
    > shirt. I haven't gotten a free T-Shirt from Microsoft since I attend a
    > Windows 2000 Technet Briefing in 1999. Cheap Bastards!

    Did you get your certificate? If so, enough said. Thanks for playing.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], May 4, 2008
  5. Dude

    KMcFerrin Guest

    Eh...Microsoft hasn't given logo pins for a long time, and CompTIA isn't
    giving away any shirts (at least they weren't this past January). One thing
    about the card is that when I finally got mine it was an "MCTS" card instead
    of an "MCP" card. The MCP card that I have still lists all of the
    MCP/MCSA/MCSE certs, and this one just lists MCTS. Presumably the next one
    will say MCITP:Enterprise Administrator on it when I get it.

    BTW, the charter certificates are waaaay cooler than the old MCP certs.

    KMcFerrin, May 21, 2008
  6. Dude

    Rangga Guest

    Well, I don't know what's wrong with Microsoft Customer Service. I've just
    received my MCP Welcome Kits, but guess what? I didn't get any ID card
    enclosed to it.. Does anyone could help me or give any advice about this
    issue?

    Rangga, Jun 21, 2008
  7. Dude

    HDZ Guest

    Do you really want all that crap anyway. Who's going to wear the PIN and
    who's going to ask for your card.
    HDZ, Aug 5, 2008
  8. Dude

    Amira Kamel Guest

    I'm Certified and I don't know how to get my MCITP welocme kilt,, please
    advice

    Amira Kamel, Sep 3, 2008