    for different Operating Systems (including their apps., hardware,etc.) and
    networking subjects; however, that extra knowledge can be gained through
    other, more advanced (technical), Microsoft Certifications.

    CiscoGEEK J., Nov 27, 2008

  2. CiscoGEEK J.

    Montreal_MCT Guest

    Hi Cisco,

    I am kinda curious to know what a four year degree in computer support could
    teach you, but in the meantime if you are looking for a job as a DST the
    MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician and MCDST should be enough.

    Good luck!

    Mitch Garvis
    Microsoft MVP: Essential Server Solutions
    http://garvis.ca/blogs

    Montreal_MCT, Nov 28, 2008

  3. CiscoGEEK J.

    catwalker63 Guest

    "Montreal_MCT" <> prattled ceaselessly in

    > Hi Cisco,
    >
    > I am kinda curious to know what a four year degree in computer support
    > could teach you, but in the meantime if you are looking for a job as a
    > DST the MCITP: Enterprise Support Technician and MCDST should be
    > enough.
    >
    > Good luck!

    Experience will get you more jobs. The certs don't hurt, most of the
    time. I have not heard of a University degree program for Computer
    Support. Computer Science, various forms Information Systems and
    Computer System Management, and IT Business programs, but not just
    Computer Support. A 4 year degree still has value in today's market,
    particularly if you are looking at a career in IT, rather than a job.
    None of this stuff is a guarantee, however.

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Dec 9, 2008