    programs are expected for SQL Server 2008.

    any input would be greatly appreciated.

    - Joe

    Joe C., Aug 8, 2008

  2. Joe C.

    jeff Guest

    Since SQL 2008 isn't even out, go ahead and start working on your 2005 stuff.
    Its going to be a little while before companies start making the move to 2008
    and the differences between the two aren't quite as earth moving as the move
    from 2000 to 2005. I have passed the 229 a few years ago and it is still a valid
    certification mostly because advances in SQL are built upon the previous
    release. At the same time, I have also passed my 431 which deals more with the
    DBA stuff and that has changed quite a bit from 2000 to 2005. From what I've had
    the chance to play with, the DBA portion hasn't changed much from 2005 to 2008.

    --
    jeff fisher, MCP
    www.turbofish.com

    jeff, Aug 9, 2008

  3. Joe C.

    Joe C. Guest

    Thank you for the great insight, it definitely points me in the right
    direction.

    Joe C., Aug 11, 2008
  4. Joe C.

    jeff Guest

    --
    jeff fisher, MCP
    www.turbofish.com

    jeff, Aug 15, 2008
  5. Joe C.

    Chris Guest

    I've got a similar dilema to Joe,

    Recently passed 70-445 and planning next on doing 70-431 and 70-446 but then
    worried about what upgrade path I might need to do before starting the
    441-444 series.

    Working with RC0 of SQL server 2008 at home and finding my way around it
    well so confident that learning time will not be wasted but I don't want to
    spend too much money on exams when I may need to sit an upgrade months later

    Chris, Sep 23, 2008