    647 the test administrator said that the right way to reference the
    Enterprise Administrator cert is MCITP+E.

    Can anyone confirm this, because this is a first for me?
    Roger Johnson, MCSE, Apr 30, 2009

  2. "Roger Johnson, MCSE" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    > So, I have now finished my MCITP:SA and EA.
    >
    > I always assumed the right way to reference the cert in signatures etc.
    > would be MCITP:SA, MCITP:EA or MCITP (SA, EA). However, when I finished
    > the
    > 647 the test administrator said that the right way to reference the
    > Enterprise Administrator cert is MCITP+E.

    The test administrator is certainly not an authoritative source for that
    question, and I've *never*, not in the almost four years that the MCITP has
    been in existence, see it displayed as MCITP+ anything! In fact, the plus
    sign was previously used for some very specific enhanced endorsements to
    basic certifications, and I doubt they'd want to confuse the issue by
    reusing the plus sign to indicate a core certification.

    Your original ideas account for every abbreviation I've seen, either colons
    or parenteticals, and as you can see in my cert, I'm using the colon. I've
    opted to not list my MCITP:SA, and once I pick up the DBA and DBDev certs
    (later this summer), I'll have to evaluate how to specify those as well.

    But the truth is, I don't think Microsoft Learning has ever actually
    specified the format for abbreviations, or definitions of multiple
    certifications. I'm not aware of anything published on the MSLearning site.

    Maybe one of the MSLearning monitors in this group can provide some insight?

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCITP:EA, MCDBA

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com
    Lawrence Garvin [MVP], Apr 30, 2009