    2) What books are required?
    --
    persy
    persy, Dec 9, 2008

  2. When it comes to Exam series my personal choice goes to Sybex. Quick search
    reveals
    http://www.sybex.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-SYBEX_SEARCH_RESULT.html?query=MCDST
    at least 2 books. I do have Bill Furguons Book.
    I also have book from Microsoft Press
    (http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/7316.aspx)

    There are many CBT series available as well. Try CBT Nuggets.

    --
    Regards
    Regunathan Umapathy BSc, A+, MCP

    Umapathy (உமாபதி), Dec 10, 2008

  3. persy

    boot IT up Guest

    "Umapathy (உமாபதி)" wrote:

    > When it comes to Exam series my personal choice goes to Sybex. Quick search
    > reveals
    > http://www.sybex.com/WileyCDA/Section/id-SYBEX_SEARCH_RESULT.html?query=MCDST
    > at least 2 books. I do have Bill Furguons Book.
    > I also have book from Microsoft Press
    > (http://www.microsoft.com/mspress/books/7316.aspx)
    >
    > There are many CBT series available as well. Try CBT Nuggets.
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    > Regunathan Umapathy BSc, A+, MCP
    >

    > "persy" wrote:
    >
    > > Interested in computers- owned one from 2000--never has any kind of
    > > tuition-looking to start MCDST- wondering by self-tuition at home
    > >
    > > 1) How long will it take to complete from scratch?
    > > 2) What books are required?
    > > --
    > > persy

    All above are very good for self study.
    There really is no time limit or 'books required' if going to self study but
    I would recommend to review the MCDST requirements:

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/requirements.mspx

    If cost is concern, begin reviewing the built in Help and Support areas of
    current computer using. Nothing beats hands on experience. MCDST is based on
    XP and Microsoft Office Suite. Also would recommend some of these:

    www.selftestsoftware.com ; www.measureup.com

    Take practice exams to see if you are ready for exam before investing $125
    for test

    Best of luck to you,

    Luis
    boot IT up, Dec 27, 2008