  1. Gizmo

    Gizmo Guest

    Does anyone know if and when a MCDST certification will expire?

    Gizmo, May 23, 2007

  2. Gizmo

    AJR Guest

    It doesn't.

    AJR, May 23, 2007

  3. Gizmo

    Montreal MCT Guest

    To elaborate somewhat on AJR's answer:

    Any old certs (going back to MCSE NT4) do not expire. In a nutshell, you
    would forevermore be a MCDST on Windows XP.

    All new certifications will expire, which is one of the reasons the program
    was revamped. I think it is a better system based on that, even if it is a
    little more complex.

    Montreal MCT, May 27, 2007
  4. Isn't it just the MCITP exams you have to take every 3 years or did they
    decide to do that with the MCTS exams as well?
    --
    Chance Webster
    A+, Network+, MCDST

    Chance Webster, May 27, 2007
  5. "Chance Webster" <> wrote in
    message news::

    > Isn't it just the MCITP exams you have to take every 3 years or did they
    > decide to do that with the MCTS exams as well?
    > --
    > Chance Webster
    > A+, Network+, MCDST
    >

    > "Montreal MCT" wrote:
    >

    > > To elaborate somewhat on AJR's answer:
    > >
    > > Any old certs (going back to MCSE NT4) do not expire. In a nutshell,

    > you
    > > would forevermore be a MCDST on Windows XP.
    > >
    > > All new certifications will expire, which is one of the reasons the

    > program
    > > was revamped. I think it is a better system based on that, even if it

    > is a
    > > little more complex.
    > >

    > > "Gizmo" <> wrote in message

    > > > Does anyone know if and when a MCDST certification will expire?

    MCTS certifications are considered "Core Technical Skill"
    certifications. Meaning they are certifications that validate your
    skills on a specific Microsoft technology -- not in a job role
    environment. So with that said, the MCTS certifications are set to
    retire when the product support for that technology is no longer
    offered.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard], May 27, 2007
  6. Gizmo

    Montreal MCT Guest

    Yeah... what he said!

    "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard]" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Montreal MCT, May 27, 2007