    MCDST and MCP done at the same time as aposed to studying
    for them seperately? Is it better to do one before/after
    the other? Thank you in advance.

    Guest, Feb 16, 2005

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    An MCP is an individual who has passed any one of the
    Microsoft certification exams.
    An MCDST is an individual who has passed exams 70-271 and
    70-272.
    The two exams are separate and each has a MS course and an
    MS training kit available and several non-MS books. I'm not
    aware of any kits or books that teach or test both.
    Depending on your local training/test centre you might be
    able to sit both courses within 5 consecutive days (one
    course is 3 days long, the other 2) and also book both
    exams for the same day.
    You should look at what each exam tests and make a decision
    based on your own experience and training as to which you
    want to take first. Personally I took the 272 before the
    271 because I was more familiar with the subject matter
    but it's entirely up to you. There is no restriction on the
    amount of time between taking the exams or which order you
    take them in.

    For more info look at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/default.asp
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/requirements.asp

    Hope that helps

    Guest, Feb 16, 2005

  3. Guest

    Jason Guest

    While accurate to a degree, an important clarification needs to be made
    here. One achieves MCP status upon passing a "qualifying exam". This
    typically is defined as an exam on a Microsoft OS. (IOW - not Office
    exams). Once you pass your first exam toward MCDST (there are only two),
    you have achieved that elite MCP status that only 1.6 million other people
    have achieved.

    As an aside, there are now 4051 MCDST's out there as of 2-14-05. Roughly
    1000 more slots are still available for the special "Charter Member" status.

    So...get out there and get that special silver sticker that only 4999 others
    will ever have for the entry level help desk cert! Use braindumps! Devalue
    the cert itself! It's well worth bypassing actually learning the skills to
    get the silver sticker instead of the gold one. Heck, if all goes well,
    that will increase the appeal of the MCSA and MCSE levels. Gee...why would
    I want that to happen? *grin*

    Jason, Feb 16, 2005