    it's available for XP home as well-- bulls.

    Are you aware of any wrong questions/answers in the MCDST test database? I'm
    pretty sure the textbook cd test contains some.
    Pincopallino, Aug 26, 2007

  2. Pincopallino

    M Guest

    "Pincopallino" <> wrote in message
    news:fasodc$k2s$...
    > Why the heck the textbook says it does not (2-15) ? It's not true. I hope
    > the questions in the exam accept the right answer!
    >
    > MUI: it's available only for XP pro but the test in the textbook cd says
    > it's available for XP home as well-- bulls.
    >
    > Are you aware of any wrong questions/answers in the MCDST test database?
    > I'm pretty sure the textbook cd test contains some.

    Go to http://support.microsoft.com and type in 70-271 and 70-272, yes there
    are a few errors!
    M, Aug 26, 2007

  3. Pincopallino

    Pincopallino Guest

    > Go to http://support.microsoft.com and type in 70-271 and 70-272, yes
    > there are a few errors!

    Not all are listed. Page 10-5: class c IP addresses are from 192.x not from
    193.x. Same error on page 10-6!
    Pincopallino, Aug 26, 2007
  4. "Pincopallino" <> wrote in message

    > > Go to http://support.microsoft.com and type in 70-271 and 70-272, yes
    > > there are a few errors!

    > Not all are listed. Page 10-5: class c IP addresses are from 192.x not from
    > 193.x. Same error on page 10-6!

    Errors are going to occur. Document them and email the support team if
    you think you have a valid error. No technical book is without errors.
    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Aug 26, 2007
  5. Pincopallino

    Pincopallino Guest

    "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> ha
    scritto nel messaggio news:uwz26$...
    > "Pincopallino" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> > Go to http://support.microsoft.com and type in 70-271 and 70-272, yes
    >> > there are a few errors!

    >> Not all are listed. Page 10-5: class c IP addresses are from 192.x not
    >> from
    >> 193.x. Same error on page 10-6!

    > Errors are going to occur. Document them and email the support team if you
    > think you have a valid error. No technical book is without errors.

    That's MS guys' job. Not mine... My goal is simply to pass the test (which,
    BTW, is quite old and expensive to take!)
    When I tried to report a MOS Word 2003 *test* (not textbook!) error they
    simply ignored my report. And I'm 100% sure it's a real error.
    Pincopallino, Aug 26, 2007
  6. "Pincopallino" <> wrote in message

    > "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> ha
    > scritto nel messaggio news:uwz26$...
    > > "Pincopallino" <> wrote in message

    > >> Not all are listed. Page 10-5: class c IP addresses are from 192.x not
    > >> from
    > >> 193.x. Same error on page 10-6!

    > > Errors are going to occur. Document them and email the support team if you
    > > think you have a valid error. No technical book is without errors.

    > That's MS guys' job. Not mine... My goal is simply to pass the test (which,
    > BTW, is quite old and expensive to take!)
    > When I tried to report a MOS Word 2003 *test* (not textbook!) error they
    > simply ignored my report. And I'm 100% sure it's a real error.

    How do you know they ignored your report concerning you Word 2003 exam?
    Regardless, let's clear something's up regarding your posts:

    1.) Yes, Windows XP Home on a ** NTFS partition ** supports Disk Quotas.
    2.) No examinee is 100% aware of any wrong questions/answers in the
    MCDST test database. That information is not shared outside of
    Microsoft.
    3.) Again, almost every book or practice exam will contain errors of
    some type. They post corrections on the vendors website that they
    themselves find or readers of the material submit.
    4.) The exams became available only 3 years ago -- not sure if that
    qualifies as "quite old" or not.
    5.) Microsoft exams have been the same price for a while now.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Aug 27, 2007
  7. Pincopallino

    Pincopallino Guest

    "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> ha
    scritto nel messaggio news:O43wU$...
    > "Pincopallino" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> ha
    >> scritto nel messaggio news:uwz26$...
    >> > "Pincopallino" <> wrote in message

    >> > Errors are going to occur. Document them and email the support team if
    >> > you
    >> > think you have a valid error. No technical book is without errors.

    >> That's MS guys' job. Not mine... My goal is simply to pass the test
    >> (which,
    >> BTW, is quite old and expensive to take!)
    >> When I tried to report a MOS Word 2003 *test* (not textbook!) error they
    >> simply ignored my report. And I'm 100% sure it's a real error.

    > How do you know they ignored your report concerning you Word 2003 exam?
    > Regardless, let's clear something's up regarding your posts:
    >
    > 1.) Yes, Windows XP Home on a ** NTFS partition ** supports Disk Quotas.

    Obviously. Exactly as WinXP Pro.

    > 2.) No examinee is 100% aware of any wrong questions/answers in the MCDST
    > test database. That information is not shared outside of Microsoft.

    Good point but in this case the problem was that the question asked to do
    something that cannot be done so it's plainly impossible to answer
    correctly.
    I specifically requested a feedback by means of the local exam developer &
    Microsoft representative for MOS products and after one year I have received
    no answer.

    > 4.) The exams became available only 3 years ago -- not sure if that
    > qualifies as "quite old" or not.

    "only" 3 years ago ?

    > 5.) Microsoft exams have been the same price for a while now.

    Yes, the same high price.
    Pincopallino, Aug 27, 2007
  8. Pincopallino

    Pincopallino Guest

    >> I specifically requested a feedback by means of the local exam
    >> developer & Microsoft representative for MOS products and after one
    >> year I have received no answer.
    >>

    > I guess the answer to your demand/request was no.

    If they ignore exam error reports they show lack of professionality and it's
    their problem. Not mine. I got the MOS certification anyways.

    > Sad. I'm sure, based on
    > your posts here, you asked/ordered them real nicely too.

    More nicely they deserved, it seems.
    Pincopallino, Aug 27, 2007
  9. "Pincopallino" <> wrote in message

    > "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> ha
    > scritto nel messaggio news:O43wU$...
    > > "Pincopallino" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> ha
    > >> scritto nel messaggio news:uwz26$...

    > >> That's MS guys' job. Not mine... My goal is simply to pass the test
    > >> (which,
    > >> BTW, is quite old and expensive to take!)
    > >> When I tried to report a MOS Word 2003 *test* (not textbook!) error they
    > >> simply ignored my report. And I'm 100% sure it's a real error.

    > > How do you know they ignored your report concerning you Word 2003 exam?
    > > Regardless, let's clear something's up regarding your posts:
    > >
    > > 1.) Yes, Windows XP Home on a ** NTFS partition ** supports Disk Quotas.

    > Obviously. Exactly as WinXP Pro.

    But ONLY on NTFS partitions.

    > > 2.) No examinee is 100% aware of any wrong questions/answers in the MCDST
    > > test database. That information is not shared outside of Microsoft.

    > Good point but in this case the problem was that the question asked to do
    > something that cannot be done so it's plainly impossible to answer
    > correctly.
    > I specifically requested a feedback by means of the local exam developer &
    > Microsoft representative for MOS products and after one year I have received
    > no answer.

    Perhaps that one question made no bearing on your PASS/FAIL mark.

    > > 4.) The exams became available only 3 years ago -- not sure if that
    > > qualifies as "quite old" or not.

    > "only" 3 years ago ?

    Yes, only. The exams cover Windows XP Professional and Office XP/2003.
    There have been no huge changes to either to warrant a revise of the
    exams. If they are "quite old", why take them? Why not pursue a MCTS or
    MCITP in Windows Vista if you have the experience? Exams pricing is not
    based on the age of the exam, it is a standard, fixed price.

    > > 5.) Microsoft exams have been the same price for a while now.

    > Yes, the same high price.

    And that is your opinion. But if you have no idea of the time, effort
    and dedication that goes into producing exams; how do you know it is
    highly priced? Have you seen some of the other prices for different
    vendor certification exams? The bottom line is this: Microsoft is not
    forcing you to get certified. You are choosing to pay that "high price"
    yourself.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Aug 27, 2007
  10. Pincopallino

    scritto nel messaggio news:...
    > "Pincopallino" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> ha
    >> scritto nel messaggio news:O43wU$...
    >> > "Pincopallino" <> wrote in message

    >> > How do you know they ignored your report concerning you Word 2003 exam?
    >> > Regardless, let's clear something's up regarding your posts:
    >> >
    >> > 1.) Yes, Windows XP Home on a ** NTFS partition ** supports Disk
    >> > Quotas.

    >> Obviously. Exactly as WinXP Pro.

    > But ONLY on NTFS partitions.

    Do you meant that XP Pro supports Disk Quotas on Fat32 partitions?

    >> I specifically requested a feedback by means of the local exam developer
    >> &
    >> Microsoft representative for MOS products and after one year I have
    >> received
    >> no answer.

    > Perhaps that one question made no bearing on your PASS/FAIL mark.

    Right, but for other people that question could have been decisive.

    >> > 4.) The exams became available only 3 years ago -- not sure if that
    >> > qualifies as "quite old" or not.

    >> "only" 3 years ago ?

    > Yes, only.

    3 years, in terms of OS is half an era....

    > The exams cover Windows XP Professional and Office XP/2003. There have
    > been no huge changes to either to warrant a revise of the exams. If they
    > are "quite old", why take them?

    'cause they are still useful as Vista is proving slow in replacing XP.

    >> > 5.) Microsoft exams have been the same price for a while now.

    >> Yes, the same high price.

    > And that is your opinion.

    Sure.

    > But if you have no idea of the time, effort and dedication that goes into
    > producing exams; how do you know it is highly priced?

    Jeez... with the hundred thousands certifications released MS has probably
    got more money from certs than OS :)) Of course that's their business. Mine
    is to critique them if I feel appropriate to do it.

    > Microsoft is not forcing you to get certified.

    In fact they are. The vast majority of networks are MS based and if you are
    looking for a decent job in IT you must get a certification.

    > You are choosing to pay that "high price" yourself.

    Free will is a highly debatable concept....
    Pincopallino, Aug 27, 2007
  11. Let's bypass the debatable conversation and stick to your issue:

    Installations of Windows XP Home and Professional, that were installed
    on a NTFS (not FAT or FAT32) partitions can take advantage of the Disk
    Quota feature.

    The key to this feature is not the version of the Operating System, but
    the filing system it is installed on.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Aug 27, 2007
  12. Pincopallino

    Pincopallino Guest

    > Installations of Windows XP Home and Professional, that were installed on
    > a NTFS (not FAT or FAT32) partitions can take advantage of the Disk Quota
    > feature.
    >
    > The key to this feature is not the version of the Operating System, but
    > the filing system it is installed on.

    That was exactly my understanding.

    Thanks.
    Pincopallino, Aug 27, 2007
  13. "Pincopallino" <> wrote in message

    > > Installations of Windows XP Home and Professional, that were installed on
    > > a NTFS (not FAT or FAT32) partitions can take advantage of the Disk Quota
    > > feature.
    > >
    > > The key to this feature is not the version of the Operating System, but
    > > the filing system it is installed on.

    > That was exactly my understanding.
    >
    > Thanks.

    No worries, good luck.
    --
    Michael D. Alligood,
    MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Aug 28, 2007