    How mutch should I expect to take home?

    Hope someone can help?
    Vic

    G Mail Account, Oct 16, 2009

  2. G Mail Account

    John R Guest

    "G Mail Account" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Has some one got a job as an MCDST? And whats the going rate for such a
    > Job? How mutch should I expect to take home?

    The "going rate" would be a function of the number of jobs in your area as
    compared to the number of qualified applicants in your area. I've seen
    these types of jobs go anywhere from minimum wage to about twice that to
    start, sometimes more based on experience and immediate need of the company,
    willingness to relocate, etc. Based on employee availability, bonus' and
    incentives can drive that up somewhat.

    Take home pay would be largely dependent on Federal, State, and Local taxes,
    along with options selected by you such as dependents, 401K and health
    insurance contributions, LTD, and other insurance options, as well as
    employee contributions to things like parking, and other company incentives.

    John R

    John R, Oct 16, 2009

  3. I live in UK; I worked in 1st level support for HP - and that got me 12k -
    can I expect more in general - even up to 20k?

    I know it depends on the company.

    G Mail Account, Oct 16, 2009
  4. G Mail Account

    Chris M Guest

    G Mail Account wrote:
    > I live in UK; I worked in 1st level support for HP - and that got me 12k
    > - can I expect more in general - even up to 20k?

    I think you might need to aim a little higher than the MCDST if you're
    looking for £20K, but it really depends on what part of the country you
    live in. I too live in the UK and used to earn about £12K doing first
    line support in 2002. I was earning about £16K by the time I had
    finished my MCDST and was earning 20K after doing my MCSA and CCNA and
    moving jobs. That was back in 2005 so it took about three years and a
    lot of studying since I was also doing night classes at university on
    top of that.

    That said, you may land on your feet with a company that will promote
    you internally. I think I had a bit of a bad luck with jobs in terms of
    promotion prospects before landing my current job.

    Best of luck anyway,

    Chris.

    Chris M, Oct 16, 2009
  5. MCDST in and of itself will not lead to great paying jobs. It is more of an
    entry-level cert. If you want to have value with it I would suggest getting
    it, use it to obtain an entry level position at a small to mid sized company
    (make sure that you will be given the opportunity to do more than simply
    answering phone calls) and then leverage your experiences there with
    education for higher level certifications.

    Johnathan Lightfoot, Oct 17, 2009