    How come my voucher is invalid when I enter it to schedule a test? I contact
    Vue and they said to contact Microsoft. Am I missing a letter or something
    for this? Sure would like to use my voucher for the 15%. Please advise!

    Twa, Feb 25, 2005

  2. Twa

    Dave Guest

    "Twa" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > How come my voucher is invalid when I enter it to schedule a test? I
    > contact
    > Vue and they said to contact Microsoft. Am I missing a letter or
    > something
    > for this? Sure would like to use my voucher for the 15%. Please advise!

    Need a bit more info here...
    What voucher?
    What test?
    Who issued the voucher?
    Is there a date on the voucher? If so, what's the date?
    Is it definitely for a VUE test?
    What did VUE say (apart from contact Microsoft) when you phoned them?
    Did you contact Microsoft? What did they say?

    Dave, Feb 27, 2005

  3. Twa

    Twa Guest

    Thanks for replying Dave,

    I have a voucher that came w/ MCDST training kit book by Microsoft. I
    scratched it out and there's a number code in there.
    Test is for MCDST 70-272
    Microsoft issued the voucher
    Expiration date is 06/2006
    Contacted Vue and they said that it's not valid w/ their system. Checked w/
    Prometric.com and they said that it's not valid w/ them either.
    No I have not contact Microsoft. Vue personel told me to contact the book,
    which is Microsoft. Want more info?

    Twa, Feb 28, 2005
  4. Twa

    Dave Guest

    "Twa" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks for replying Dave,
    >
    > I have a voucher that came w/ MCDST training kit book by Microsoft. I
    > scratched it out and there's a number code in there.
    > Test is for MCDST 70-272
    > Microsoft issued the voucher

    Ok. Did the voucher suggest which testing company the voucher code should
    be used with?

    > Expiration date is 06/2006

    Ok, that's clearly valid now.

    > Contacted Vue and they said that it's not valid w/ their system. Checked
    > w/
    > Prometric.com and they said that it's not valid w/ them either.

    Either one or the other has made a mistake or the voucher has already been
    used :-(
    I suggest identifying which company the voucher suggests you contact
    (assuming there is actually a preference) and phone thm again but this time
    ask them if the voucher *was* actually one of theirs. If it was, then it's
    already been used (for whatever reason but chances are that it's a mistake).
    If they still say that the code is wrong then we are on a slightly different
    track.
    Either way, contact Microsoft and seek clarification from them. There's
    always the possibility that the wrong code/old code/mis-typed code was
    issued and the voucher company wasn't informed/was mis-informed etc. Don't
    worry, I'm sure between the three parties involved, it will be sorted but
    you might have to take control of the situation as the easiest thing for all
    concerned to do is blame somebody else. Don't let them. The key to this is
    asking the right questions.

    > No I have not contact Microsoft. Vue personel told me to contact the
    > book,
    > which is Microsoft. Want more info?

    No, there's enough info here.
    <snip>

    Please let us know how you get on.

    Dave, Feb 28, 2005
  5. Twa

    Twa Guest

    I'll just go ahead and pay the full amt and skip the 15% voucher. It's not
    worth my time to go through all the hassle. They shouldn't put that in there
    if it's not valid. Thanks for all your advised, Dave. Wish me luck!

    Twa, Mar 1, 2005
  6. Twa

    Dave Guest

    <snip>
    "Twa" <> wrote in message
    > I'll just go ahead and pay the full amt and skip the 15% voucher. It's
    > not
    > worth my time to go through all the hassle. They shouldn't put that in
    > there
    > if it's not valid. Thanks for all your advised, Dave. Wish me luck!

    I agree that the time and effort that might be needed to sort this out could
    be significant and doesn't necessarily justify the savings involved.
    All the best for the exam. Let us know how you get on.
    Dave.

    Dave, Mar 1, 2005
  7. Twa

    John O Guest

    > I have a voucher that came w/ MCDST training kit book by Microsoft. I
    > scratched it out and there's a number code in there.
    > Test is for MCDST 70-272
    > Microsoft issued the voucher
    > Expiration date is 06/2006
    > Contacted Vue and they said that it's not valid w/ their system. Checked
    > w/
    > Prometric.com and they said that it's not valid w/ them either.
    > No I have not contact Microsoft. Vue personel told me to contact the
    > book,
    > which is Microsoft. Want more info?

    Could be a "voucher good for a voucher." Call MS and see what they say.

    -John O

    John O, Mar 2, 2005