MCDST upgrade to MCITP enterprise?

Discussion in 'MCTS' started by T3M4N, Mar 10, 2008.

  1. T3M4N

    T3M4N Guest

    Dear All,
    I would like to ask.
    I hold the current MCP and MCDST,
    and would like to upgrade it
    which means doing the exam 70-621
    This satisfies the requirements for both MCTS -vista and MCITPvista too.

    Does that mean I will then earn the 2 certs once I pass the exam ?
    I will sit the exam by tomorrow.
    Would the certifications and qualifications be sent home ? as Usual in the
    past
    Did MCDST, earned MCP too...

    I am a noobie with this new generation of certs.

    Thanks
    --
    "He will lead you step by step, NOT all at once. But, in each step there
    will be a MIRACLE"
    T3M4N, Mar 10, 2008

  2. "T3M4N" <> wrote in message

    > Dear All,
    > I would like to ask.
    > I hold the current MCP and MCDST,
    > and would like to upgrade it
    > which means doing the exam 70-621
    > This satisfies the requirements for both MCTS -vista and MCITPvista too.
    >
    > Does that mean I will then earn the 2 certs once I pass the exam ?
    > I will sit the exam by tomorrow.
    > Would the certifications and qualifications be sent home ? as Usual in the
    > past
    > Did MCDST, earned MCP too...
    >
    > I am a noobie with this new generation of certs.
    >

    > Thanks
    > --
    > "He will lead you step by step, NOT all at once. But, in each step there
    > will be a MIRACLE"

    If you successfully negotiate the exam, you will have earned both your
    MCTS and MCITP. Delivery stays the same -- delayed as always.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Mar 10, 2008

  3. T3M4N

    T3M4N Guest

    Lovely !!
    thanks a lot pal !
    its gonna be tomorrow
    ahhaha how many questions are there?
    are they gonna be pretty hard?

    T3M4N, Mar 10, 2008
  4. These lower level Vista exams (620, 621, 622, 623) all all pretty much cake
    if you have any clue about Vista and how to support it.

    --
    ..rev

    www.askthemct.com
    ..

    .rev [askthemct.com], Mar 10, 2008
  5. If you have the MCDST and have experience with Vista, you will have NO
    problems. In fact, you'll probably walk out wondering if you took the
    correct exam. It is easy if you have experience. I'm not sure what the
    details are in the NDA as to if the amount of questions able to be shared,
    so I'm going to err on my safety! :)

    Good luck! :)

    --

    Dustin Harper

    Dustin Harper, Mar 10, 2008
  6. "T3M4N" <> wrote in message

    > Lovely !!
    > thanks a lot pal !
    > its gonna be tomorrow
    > ahhaha how many questions are there?
    > are they gonna be pretty hard?
    >
    > --
    > "He will lead you step by step, NOT all at once. But, in each step there
    > will be a MIRACLE"
    >

    > "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" wrote:
    >
    > > "T3M4N" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > > Dear All,
    > > > I would like to ask.
    > > > I hold the current MCP and MCDST,
    > > > and would like to upgrade it
    > > > which means doing the exam 70-621
    > > > This satisfies the requirements for both MCTS -vista and MCITPvista too.
    > > >
    > > > Does that mean I will then earn the 2 certs once I pass the exam ?
    > > > I will sit the exam by tomorrow.
    > > > Would the certifications and qualifications be sent home ? as Usual in the
    > > > past
    > > > Did MCDST, earned MCP too...
    > > >
    > > > I am a noobie with this new generation of certs.
    > > >

    > > > Thanks
    > > > --
    > > > "He will lead you step by step, NOT all at once. But, in each step there
    > > > will be a MIRACLE"

    > > If you successfully negotiate the exam, you will have earned both your
    > > MCTS and MCITP. Delivery stays the same -- delayed as always.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    > > CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com/
    > > Microsoft's Six Steps to Certifications -
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/sixsteps.mspx

    Look to answer 50-60 questions.

    > are they gonna be pretty hard?

    Harder that what exactly?

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Mar 10, 2008
  7. T3M4N

    T3M4N Guest

    Dear,
    Anyway...
    im still seeing lots of job ads in the market needing MCSA and MCSE more
    than MCITP. Is this the real case? or probably well,.. the companies just not
    up2date with the new generation of microsoft certifications ?

    btw..
    the passing rate is universal rite ? 70% ?
    T3M4N, Mar 11, 2008
  8. "T3M4N" <> wrote in message

    > Dear,
    > Anyway...
    > im still seeing lots of job ads in the market needing MCSA and MCSE more
    > than MCITP. Is this the real case? or probably well,.. the companies just not
    > up2date with the new generation of microsoft certifications ?
    >
    > btw..
    > the passing rate is universal rite ? 70% ?
    > --
    > "He will lead you step by step, NOT all at once. But, in each step there
    > will be a MIRACLE"

    The passing rate is 700. This does not necessarily equate to 70%.
    Microsoft does not publicize how their exams are graded. Also, keep in
    mind every certification was/is designed to compliment your experience
    with the technology, not provide a job. Those companies advertising for
    MCSA or MCSE certified individuals may run Windows Server 2000 or 2003
    with Windows 2000 or XP Professional clients. This is not uncommon at
    all -- despite the release of Vista and Windows Server 2008. It would be
    foolish to play the Human Resource game and try to achieve every
    certification sought by companies placing ads in the weekly paper. You
    will end up losing, broke, and extremely disenchanted. Go with what you
    know.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Mar 11, 2008
  9. T3M4N

    T3M4N Guest

    Dear Michael,

    Thanks for the reply.
    God has been so awesome.
    I passed it
    967 / 1000

    this means that I will be sent to my post the MCITP and MCTS right?
    T3M4N, Mar 11, 2008
  10. T3M4N

    Joseph Guest

    I have been an MCDST for about 3 years now and had no problems taking the
    exams to get that cert. I have Windows Vista Home Premium on my laptop and
    have been using it for about a year now. I have scheduled the Upgrade exam
    to MCITP Enterprise for next week and was wondering if you found any
    part/topic that seemed to focus on very minute details.

    For my MCDST, even with my almost 6 years of 2003 server and Windows XP
    experience, the only part I found hard was VPN...since I never really dealt
    with it.

    So any advice on a specific topic that I should focus on would be
    appreciated.

    Or were there any questions you thought "where did that come from?"

    Thank You,

    Joseph

    "Troubleshooting is knowing what to do next, when you don't know what to do
    now"

    Joseph, Mar 11, 2008
  11. T3M4N

    T3M4N Guest

    Dear Joseph,

    email me and we'll talk

    --
    "He will lead you step by step, NOT all at once. But, in each step there
    will be a MIRACLE"

    B.Comm (Information Systems and E-Commerce)
    MCP, MCDST, MCITP, MCTS

    T3M4N, Mar 11, 2008
  12. T3M4N

    igotrivered Guest

    I also paste the mcdst exams with no real issues. First try on both of them.
    I took the 70-621 today and failed though, only a 583.
    Most of the questions I got wrong were security and networking questions.
    I am not currently and have never actually worked in IT.
    I suspect that me getting a 583 and only studying the book for 70-620 should
    equate to you passing easily with your experience, especially if you work in
    a domain environment, and deal with some group policy.
    I just finished ordering the MS Press book for 70-622 so I can study up on
    that and pass with my free retake.
    good luck
    --
    MCP, MCDST

    igotrivered, Mar 12, 2008
  13. T3M4N

    T3M4N Guest

    Dear igotrivered,

    honestly
    www.examcollection.com

    has that 1 particular sample

    i believe I could only found that and that was pretty much the only one
    621 available
    that sample you could download and that covers most of the 621 exam..

    trust me

    just by learning from that one...

    you could earn at least 90%

    T3M4N, Mar 13, 2008
  14. "T3M4N" <> wrote in message

    > Dear igotrivered,
    >
    > honestly
    > www.examcollection.com
    >
    > has that 1 particular sample
    >
    > i believe I could only found that and that was pretty much the only one
    > 621 available
    > that sample you could download and that covers most of the 621 exam..
    >
    > trust me
    >
    > just by learning from that one...
    >
    > you could earn at least 90%
    >
    > --
    > "He will lead you step by step, NOT all at once. But, in each step there
    > will be a MIRACLE"
    >
    > B.Comm (Information Systems and E-Commerce)
    > MCP, MCDST, MCITP, MCTS
    >

    > "igotrivered" wrote:
    >
    > > I also paste the mcdst exams with no real issues. First try on both of them.
    > > I took the 70-621 today and failed though, only a 583.
    > > Most of the questions I got wrong were security and networking questions.
    > > I am not currently and have never actually worked in IT.
    > > I suspect that me getting a 583 and only studying the book for 70-620 should
    > > equate to you passing easily with your experience, especially if you work in
    > > a domain environment, and deal with some group policy.
    > > I just finished ordering the MS Press book for 70-622 so I can study up on
    > > that and pass with my free retake.
    > > good luck
    > > --
    > > MCP, MCDST
    > >

    > > "Joseph" wrote:
    > >
    > > > I have been an MCDST for about 3 years now and had no problems taking the
    > > > exams to get that cert. I have Windows Vista Home Premium on my laptop and
    > > > have been using it for about a year now. I have scheduled the Upgrade exam
    > > > to MCITP Enterprise for next week and was wondering if you found any
    > > > part/topic that seemed to focus on very minute details.
    > > >
    > > > For my MCDST, even with my almost 6 years of 2003 server and Windows XP
    > > > experience, the only part I found hard was VPN...since I never really dealt
    > > > with it.
    > > >
    > > > So any advice on a specific topic that I should focus on would be
    > > > appreciated.
    > > >
    > > > Or were there any questions you thought "where did that come from?"
    > > >
    > > > Thank You,
    > > >
    > > > Joseph
    > > >
    > > > "Troubleshooting is knowing what to do next, when you don't know what to do
    > > > now"
    > > >
    > > > "T3M4N" <> wrote in message

    That is a braindump site (see http://www.certguard.com/search.asp). You
    run the high risk of decertifying yourself if you continue to advise
    others to such sites. God may be awesome, but Microsoft still controls
    the right to strip your current certifications and bar future ones as
    well. Please discontinue soliciting braindump sites.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Mar 13, 2008
  15. T3M4N

    T3M4N Guest

    Dear,

    But yes for sure you really need to buy/purchase the license on
    www.examcollection.com
    even though that is not the exact exam questions but that can give clue
    which areas need to be studied etc.

    so, yea it was worth it buying it :)
    have a nice try

    T3M4N, Mar 13, 2008
  16. "T3M4N" <> wrote in message

    > Dear,
    >
    > But yes for sure you really need to buy/purchase the license on
    > www.examcollection.com
    > even though that is not the exact exam questions but that can give clue
    > which areas need to be studied etc.
    >
    > so, yea it was worth it buying it :)
    > have a nice try
    >

    > --
    > "He will lead you step by step, NOT all at once. But, in each step there
    > will be a MIRACLE"
    >
    > B.Comm (Information Systems and E-Commerce)
    > MCP, MCDST, MCITP, MCTS
    >

    > "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" wrote:
    >
    > > "T3M4N" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > > Dear igotrivered,
    > > >
    > > > honestly
    > > > www.examcollection.com
    > > >
    > > > has that 1 particular sample
    > > >
    > > > i believe I could only found that and that was pretty much the only one
    > > > 621 available
    > > > that sample you could download and that covers most of the 621 exam..
    > > >
    > > > trust me
    > > >
    > > > just by learning from that one...
    > > >
    > > > you could earn at least 90%
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > "He will lead you step by step, NOT all at once. But, in each step there
    > > > will be a MIRACLE"
    > > >
    > > > B.Comm (Information Systems and E-Commerce)
    > > > MCP, MCDST, MCITP, MCTS

    > > That is a braindump site (see http://www.certguard.com/search.asp). You
    > > run the high risk of decertifying yourself if you continue to advise
    > > others to such sites. God may be awesome, but Microsoft still controls
    > > the right to strip your current certifications and bar future ones as
    > > well. Please discontinue soliciting braindump sites.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST
    > > CertGuard, Inc. - http://www.certguard.com/
    > > Microsoft's Six Steps to Certifications -
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/sixsteps.mspx

    I have already informed you that this is a braindump site. And you have
    been warned that you can become decertified by using such sites. What
    are you having a hard time understanding?

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Mar 13, 2008
  17. T3M4N

    T3M4N Guest

    dear michael,

    no I am sorry
    i did not mean to
    i will stop this ...
    surely for sure.

    thanks for letting me know
    i fully understand about this

    it is my bad
    ijust di not see your reply that clear
    T3M4N, Mar 13, 2008
  18. T3M4N

    T3M4N Guest

    Dear folks and Michael,

    Do apologize to the public on behalf of myself, really understand now that
    such a thing not really a good thing to do. I just thought I could help
    others that's all, but clearly that is a wrong conduct. Please understand my
    position as a noobie here in the forum, and I do believe it is a wrong thing
    advising people.

    Michael, I just basically did not really see your reply at all (did not
    notice)
    so, would be a good thing for me next time to clearly check all replies

    thanks for the support

    T3M4N, Mar 13, 2008
  19. T3M4N

    Johann Guest

    This is a bit of a late reply, but
    Yes you receive both MCTS and MCITP certification for this upgrade exam.
    Yes you will receive both welcome kits if:
    1. You have not received an MCTS or MCITP welcome kit before. If you have,
    you will just get the certificates.
    2. You log onto the MCP member site (https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp) and
    order them. (go to program benefits, welcom kits and certificates)

    Johann, Apr 17, 2008
  20. T3M4N

    Peter Guest

    Hi,

    I am planning to upgrade my MCDST to MCITP then go onto the MCSA.
    My question is this:

    If I take the upgrade exam (70-621) to get the MCITP does it 'effectively'
    give me the two exams that you would do to get it normally i.e. 70-620 and
    70-622 or is it just the 70-621?
    I ask because looking at the requirements for the MCSA one of the core exams
    to do is 70-620 and I wondered if that means I have already 'done' that exam
    now or would I have to do it even though I already have the MCITP????

    Confusing eh???.....
    Peter, Mar 10, 2009