    no training centers in my area.

    Cheers
    Mic

    Mic, Feb 28, 2005

  2. Mic

    Dave Guest

    "Mic" <> wrote in message
    news:25ad01c51de9$35a776c0$...
    > G'Day
    >
    > I am interested in getting my MCDST Certification,
    > however there are no training centers available anywhere
    > in my area.
    > My Question is can i train myself soley for these exams
    > without any courses, by only studying the material
    > supplied and the appropiate book? Also with the exam, are
    > they online based or clasroom based, as I said there are
    > no training centers in my area.

    If you are determined enough, you will pass. If you have access to the
    training material and a few resources (ie pc's or virtual pc's) then that
    will get you started. The exam is an online one. There is no postal
    version (if that's what you are thinking about) that *I'm aware of*. It's
    usually taken either in a training centre or a dedicated testing centre.
    Have a look at www.vue.com and www.prometric.com and find out where's the
    nearest centre.

    Dave, Feb 28, 2005

  3. Mic

    rsosk2000 Guest

    Mic,

    I will tell you to order the Microsoft press books
    (http://www.microsoft.com/MSPress/books/7183.asp) and use the information
    provided along with the trial version of Windows XP Pro. I have been
    self-taught for most every certification I have gained since 2001. I firmly
    believe in the concept of hands on training. Anyone can read a book and go
    take a test. To many times I run into people that say they have the certs but
    lack the hands on experience to back them up. I have taken the first exam and
    passed solely by going through the exercise in the book and by using the
    MeasureUp test engine provided. I don't believe in using any other test prep
    program other then MeasureUp or Transcender.

    Taking the exams can be a problem as you have to take them at a Pearson VUE
    and Prometric, independent testing Center. The link provided should get you
    the information you need.

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/default.asp

    Please let me know if you should need additional help>

    V/R
    Bob Soska

    rsosk2000, Mar 2, 2005