    MCDSTs are not expected to have network administration
    skills." I therefore think my suggestion makes sense...

    Remy Bucheler

    Remy Bucheler, Dec 11, 2003

  2. Remy Bucheler

    Joe Guest

    Just because the potential MCDST doesn't have to have NetAdmin experience it
    doesn't mean the instructor shouldn't. Sometimes it takes someone with a
    bit more experience to recognize when something is beyond the capabilities
    of the student.

    An MCDST instructor should have an MCSE and be familiar with primary
    applications (Maybe even MOUS certified). Should probably have an A+ or
    similar as well.

    Joe
    There's a TTL and a time to die

    Joe, Dec 11, 2003

  3. Remy Bucheler

    MCSE World Guest

    I agree with Joe. You want someone teaching MCDSTs to be that has deep
    experience in Windows administartion AND has help desk experience. Part of
    being a good help desk worker is knowing where your limits are and
    efficiently passing off a problem to those who are more qualified to perform
    the task.

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    MCSE World, Dec 11, 2003
  4. Actually I can only quote Microsoft's website

    About MCSA(E)s : "These individuals typically do not
    directly support end users or troubleshoot desktop or
    client-side issues as part of their job function."

    About the skills needed : "networking and administration
    skills, which are outside the scope of the MCDST
    credential."

    And more directly : "Unlike MCSAs, MCDSTs are not
    expected to have network administration skills."

    Reading Microsoft's website, it seems to me that MCDSTs
    are not expected to have network administration skills.
    Therefore, a I think a curriculum for training must be
    able to be created. As MCDSTs are not expected to have
    network administration skills, they do not need to be
    taught them.

    Remy Bucheler, Dec 12, 2003