    jamian240 Guest

    I received my MCDST from having A+ and N+ from CompTia then passed 70-270. I
    have recently passed 70-290 and 70-291. That should suffice for MCSA, right?

    jamian240, Jul 9, 2007

  2. jamian240

    John R Guest

    "jamian240" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I received my MCDST from having A+ and N+ from CompTia then passed 70-270.
    > have recently passed 70-290 and 70-291. That should suffice for MCSA,
    > right?

    If you have MCDST (70-271 and 70-272), plus 70-270, plus 70-290, plus
    70-291, congratulations, you have MCSA 2003.

    Don't believe me however, check both your transcript and your cert planner
    on https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp

    Don't forget to request your welcome kit.

    John R

    John R, Jul 9, 2007

  3. jamian240

    John R Guest

    > "jamian240" <> wrote in message
    >>I received my MCDST from having A+ and N+ from CompTia then passed 70-270.
    >> have recently passed 70-290 and 70-291. That should suffice for MCSA,
    >> right?

    > If you have MCDST (70-271 and 70-272), plus 70-270, plus 70-290, plus
    > 70-291, congratulations, you have MCSA 2003.
    >
    > Don't believe me however, check both your transcript and your cert planner
    > on https://mcp.microsoft.com/mcp
    >
    > Don't forget to request your welcome kit.
    >
    > John R

    Alternately, if you have CompTIA A+ and N+, that would suffice for the MCSA
    elective instead of the MCDST. However, those credentials need to be on
    your Microsoft Transcript. There is a procedure to get them there, although
    I am not familiar with it. I am sure others here have done that. If not,
    you can email or contact them by phone and they can
    direct you.

    John R

    John R, Jul 9, 2007
  4. The procedure is mentioned on this page:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/partners.mspx

    and if you already have your MCP number, you can move along to:
    http://certification.comptia.org/mcsa/default.aspx

    which will guide you through the credential publishing procedure.

    GLTY
    MG

    Mostly Gizzards, Jul 9, 2007
  5. jamian240

    jamian240 Guest

    Strangely enough, I have noticed that A+ and N+, which I submitted last year
    along with my 70-270 score has been changed to 70-271 and 70-272 which I did
    not take. I am having to scan my scores from 70-270 exam to prove that I have
    taken as they have no record of me taking it. This is very strange.

    jamian240, Jul 9, 2007
  6. Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Jul 9, 2007
  7. jamian240

    John R Guest

    "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.]" <> wrote in
    message news:...
    >> Don't believe me however...
    >> John R

    > That's $1 to me John.... :)

    I'm sometimes a slow learner, but I eventually get it :)

    Put it on my tab ;)

    John R

    John R, Jul 10, 2007
  8. jamian240

    Maincat Guest

    "jamian240" <> wrote in message
    >I received my MCDST from having A+ and N+ from CompTia then passed 70-270.
    > have recently passed 70-290 and 70-291. That should suffice for MCSA,
    > right?

    How did you get a MCDST again?
    You don't get a MCDST form having A+, N+ and 270. Show me where it says you
    do.

    Maincat, Jul 10, 2007