    support--very little on the phone. Am I going to benefit
    by adding MCDST (two tests) to my resume, or would I be
    better off taking one test (MCP on Windows XP)?

    George3, Dec 11, 2003

  2. George3

    MCSE World Guest

    This is primarily a help desk certification, and you might very well benefit
    from it. But then again, you might not given your current experience.

    If you figure that MCP is not really a certification, then MCDST forms the
    first tier of a four level pyramid. MCSA is on the second tier and MCSE is
    on the third tier. Note the different jobs that each level is assumed to
    perform. There is a four tier, an architect level, coming in 2004.

    Best,
    Will
    www.mcseworld.com

    MCSE World, Dec 11, 2003

  3. George3

    Neil Simpson Guest

    George3 wrote:
    > What I don't yet understand is what potential market is
    > this certification targeted at? Is this for newbies with
    > little or no experience or training? Does it fit in
    > somewhere between MCP and MCSE?
    >
    > I'm A+ and MCP with eight years experience in tech
    > support--very little on the phone.

    You should find the phone hardware & software easy enough to master. And
    it's very reliable these days too;)!

    --
    Regards
    Neil