    Is there a waiting period before I can request the MCDST certificate and kit?
    --
    Motochick

    Jo, Aug 1, 2007

  2. Jo

    John R Guest

    "Jo" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello All:
    >
    > I know this is probably a stupid question, but I thought I would ask. I
    > passed my 70-272 yesterday (7/31/07) which qualified me for a MCDST. How
    > long do I have to wait before I can request the Welcome Kit? I went to
    > the
    > MCP website today and logged on, and when I scrolled to the bottom of the
    > page, it stated there were no certifications or kits available at this
    > time.
    > Is there a waiting period before I can request the MCDST certificate and
    > kit?
    > --
    > Motochick

    You have to give them a couple business days to get it. Once it shows up on
    your transcript, then you will be able to request the kit. All of the
    testing I did with Vue showed up 3-5 business days after I took the test.

    Congrats on the MCDST

    John R

    John R, Aug 1, 2007

  3. Jo

    John R Guest

    "Jo" <> wrote in message
    > Hello All:
    >
    > I know this is probably a stupid question, but I thought I would ask. I
    > passed my 70-272 yesterday (7/31/07) which qualified me for a MCDST. How
    > long do I have to wait before I can request the Welcome Kit? I went to
    > the
    > MCP website today and logged on, and when I scrolled to the bottom of the
    > page, it stated there were no certifications or kits available at this
    > time.
    > Is there a waiting period before I can request the MCDST certificate and
    > kit?
    > --
    > Motochick

    I forgot to mention... Even though it might take several weeks once you
    request the kit to actually receive it, you can setup a transcript sharing
    code on the MCP site to allow employers or potential employers to verify
    that you actually do hold the certs you claim.

    John R

    John R, Aug 1, 2007
  4. Jo

    Jo Guest

    John:

    Thanks for the info. I tested through a Prometric testing center. My Vue
    testing center was not listed when I went to register for the 70-272. So I
    went to a Prometric testing center which was closer. I'll give it a few days
    and see what happens. Thanks for the info.
    --
    Motochick

    Jo, Aug 1, 2007