    to be prepared for the MCDST certification exams?... PS.. The certifation
    training is a totally different animal we moved as the speed of light in one
    week.
    Edimarko, Feb 14, 2008

  2. "Edimarko" <> wrote in message
    news::

    > I am a computer science student and I am working full time in the IT
    > industry.... I've been working IT for 9 months, I just successfully completed
    > the MCDST one week training from New Horizons.... What would be the best way
    > to be prepared for the MCDST certification exams?... PS.. The certifation
    > training is a totally different animal we moved as the speed of light in one
    > week.

    Retain as much as you learned from your class first off. Review your MOC
    and use more in-depth resources such as
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet, Microsoft XP Inside Out, and or
    Microsoft XP Resource Kit. Both books will not only provide in-depth
    coverage of the objectives for the MCDST but will also serve you as a
    go-to guide when you need answers off the shelf. You might want to pick
    up the Microsoft Office XP Inside Out book as well.

    Now with that said, you really need to get your hands dirty with Windows
    XP Professional and Office XP. Hands-on will serve you better than any
    resource kit or class you sit. That, simply, is the best way to pass any
    exam.

    Enjoy the ride.

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Feb 14, 2008