    How many questions can I expect in the 70-271 exam?

    Many thanks in advance,
    Daniel
    Daniel, Dec 17, 2004

  2. Daniel

    Gensan Guest

    Hi Daniel,

    I just took (and passed) 70-271 a few hours ago. Yes, you
    need at least 700 points to pass. There were only 49
    questions, mostly requiring just 1 answer. I got a few
    questions asking for at least 2 answers.

    Hope this helps

    Gensan

    have read in a post
    >in this newsgroup that the pass mark is 700 out of 1000.

    This is only 70%
    >and I thought 80% was required.
    >
    >How does the scoring work? I don't understand how they

    get 700. Do you get
    >so many marks for each question? What if you have to

    select multiple answers
    >in a single question and only get half of them correct?

    Would you get some

    Gensan, Dec 18, 2004

  3. Daniel

    Jason Guest

    These are the kinds of questions that I enjoy seeing because they are
    actually asking for specific insights that are not necessarily found from
    conventional research methods.

    The answer is that some questions carry more weight than others. Weighted
    questions are those that cover multiple areas within the parameters of a
    single exam question. For example, you may see a question that asks you to
    identify both the purpose and numerical designation of an IP address, the
    default gateway, the subnet mask, and the DNS id of a computer given
    standard ipconfig info given from a command line entry. This tests not only
    your ability to identify each of these, but to distinguish the purpose and
    function of each of these networking concepts.

    Jason, Dec 18, 2004