    The exams for MCDST are 70-271 and 70-272, however can these exams count
    towards my MCSA? Or should I just jump straight to the 70-270 exam?

    Thanks in advance

    ssd, Jul 28, 2005

  2. ssd

    Tmack Guest

    I just took the 70-271 (got a 799). It was my first cert exam and I was
    shocked at how difficult it was.

    I didn't think it was a test to determine my knowledge; it was more
    like a test to see if they could trick me up (I had 10 questions on
    USB. Are there 10 things to know about USB?).

    So, to answer your question, I'm working towards my MCSE but I wanted
    to get a feel for what to expect during this whole process. I'm glad
    I did because I will have to be much better prepared moving forward.

    I'm getting my A+/Net+ next; then onto MCSA. I'd suggest you do the
    same. If you cruise through those certs, MCSA/MCSE should be a lot
    easier.

    Tmack, Jul 28, 2005

  3. ssd

    hanzgomez Guest

    hanzgomez, Jul 29, 2005
  4. ssd

    Nick Guest

    You can use an MCDST cert instead of taking the electives from an MCSA, so It
    is a good idea to take 271/272 first.

    If you pass them, dont think you dont have to study for 270, even though is
    all XP, its quite difficult, and really nothing like the 271/272.
    ~Nick

    Nick, Aug 2, 2005
  5. ssd

    Terry Guest

    can you eloborate more on what one should do, for exams, to get the MCSA
    after completing 70-271 and 70-272?

    Terry, Apr 30, 2007
  6. ssd

    catwalker63 Guest