    1) could anybody tell me which certification should one go for? Are these
    equivalent?
    2) Are both of these considered a paper for MCSE?

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFsbHU=?=, May 2, 2007

  2. "Lallu" <> wrote in message
    news::

    > Hi ALL,
    > 1) could anybody tell me which certification should one go for? Are these
    > equivalent?
    > 2) Are both of these considered a paper for MCSE?

    1.) The decision is not ours, it is yours. We cannot advise you on what
    path to take. What experience do you have with either of the 2
    certification?
    2.) I have no idea what you mean by "paper for MCSE".

    I know that this answer may not help as much as you wanted, but the
    question left much to be desired. Here are a few tips in the future:

    1.) Formulate your question. Know what you really want to ask.
    2.) Research your question. Perhaps it has already been asked and
    answered.
    3.) Compile your results and reformulate your question.
    4.) Choose the correct newsgroup (which you did) to post your question.
    Include the research you have done.
    5.) Have patience.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

    2:10 AM

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard], May 2, 2007

  3. OK thnaks for ur suggestions.. I belvd MCSE has 7 papers out of which there
    is one Core XP paper. So if somebody is taking a MCDST [70-271] in XP can
    this be considered as equal credit or equivalent to MCP exam [70-270]. I do
    have working expereince as a MCDST. Apparently, I don't see much difference
    between 70-270 n 70-271. Am I correct? So if any one of them is considered to
    be a higher degree of certifiaction I prefer to go for that. Ultimately I
    want to complete MCSE.

    Please advise

    ::::::::::::::::

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFsbHU=?=, May 2, 2007
  4. "Lallu" <> wrote in message

    > OK thnaks for ur suggestions.. I belvd MCSE has 7 papers out of which there
    > is one Core XP paper. So if somebody is taking a MCDST [70-271] in XP can
    > this be considered as equal credit or equivalent to MCP exam [70-270]. I do
    > have working expereince as a MCDST. Apparently, I don't see much difference
    > between 70-270 n 70-271. Am I correct? So if any one of them is considered to
    > be a higher degree of certifiaction I prefer to go for that. Ultimately I
    > want to complete MCSE.
    >
    > Please advise
    >
    > ::::::::::::::::

    I thought that is what you meant by "papers". Below are the answers to
    your questions and some friendly advice:

    1.) Neither the 70-271 or the 70-727 (MCDST exams) count toward your
    MCSE. This information can be found and confirmed by visiting:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/default.mspx#EWEAC

    2.) The 70-270 and 70-271 exams are quite different. Refer to the
    Microsoft Learning site for more details about the objectives for each.

    3.) Really there is no certification levels within the Microsoft
    Certification Program. Each certification is designed to be a
    "specialty". The only one of ambiguity would be the MCP certification.
    Again this information can be found on the Microsoft Learning site.

    4.) I am assuming that English is your second language. If it is not,
    please proof read your posts before submitting them. It is hard to get
    thru your posts and try to understand what exactly you are trying to
    say.

    I hope that helps.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

    2:57 PM

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard], May 3, 2007
  5. "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard]" <> wrote:

    > 1.) Neither the 70-271 or the 70-727 (MCDST exams) count toward your MCSE.
    > This information can be found and confirmed by visiting:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcse/windows2003/default.mspx#EWEAC

    Huh. You can use an MCDST certification as the elective for the MCSA, so
    they do count (but, in a way, as 1/2 of an exam each), so I assumed you
    could use it as the elective for the MCSE also. Live and learn (to be
    frustrated; I'm one exam [70-291 on May 18th] away from my MCSA, but further
    from my MCSE than I thought).

    I did the MCDST because I was planning to get an MCT, and then teach the
    MCDST during a 2 week trip to Romania. Those plans have changed, but I
    thought I had only taken ONE extra exam. Since it looks like I now have to
    add an elective, I'm a little annoyed (with myself).

    At least I know before I thought I was finished.

    Michael D. Hensley, May 3, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TGFsbHU=?=

    John R Guest

    "Michael D. Hensley" <> wrote in message
    > "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard]" <> wrote:
    >

    > Huh. You can use an MCDST certification as the elective for the MCSA, so
    > they do count (but, in a way, as 1/2 of an exam each), so I assumed you
    > could use it as the elective for the MCSE also. Live and learn (to be
    > frustrated; I'm one exam [70-291 on May 18th] away from my MCSA, but
    > further from my MCSE than I thought).

    Actually, you can do it in a back-hand fashion. Consider this path...
    70-271, 70-272 = MCDST
    70-270, 70-215, 70-218 = MCSA 2000
    70-292 = MCSA 2003
    70-293, 70-294, 70-297 (or other design elective) = MCSE 2003
    (the MCSA 2000 serves as the elective for MCSE)
    This is just 9 tests but it gets you the extra cert in 2000.
    Note: the 2000 exams will retire in March/2008.

    Just a thought.

    John

    John R, May 4, 2007
  7. Well John thanks for your suggestion.Uve helped me a lot. N Michael
    too..other are simply useless

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFsbHU=?=, May 5, 2007
  8. Michael D. Who?

    I just noticed from someone else's (slightly misquoting) post:

    "Michael D. Hensley" <> wrote in message
    "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard]" <> wrote:

    One of us is going to have to use a different first-name-middle-initial.
    While you've no doubt been hanging out in this newsgroup much longer than I
    have, I still want to claim precedence. Here's my arguments for why *I*
    should get to continue going by "Michael D.":

    a) I'm older than you (just a guess; I'm 47).

    b) I'm a grandfather ("Get off my lawn!").

    c) I'm in the AFU FAQ.

    So, "Michael D." Alligood, what have you got?

    :)

    P.S. What does your "D." stand for? Mine is "Dennis", but I hate it so much
    I never use it.

    Michael D. Hensley, May 5, 2007
  9. =?Utf-8?B?TGFsbHU=?=

    John R Guest

    Re: Michael D. Who?

    >I just noticed from someone else's (slightly misquoting) post:
    >
    > "Michael D. Hensley" <> wrote in message
    > "Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard]" <> wrote:

    My fingers have been appropriately chastised. I assure you, next time they
    will be tersely punished.

    John

    John R, May 5, 2007
  10. Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard], May 5, 2007