    more exam to become an MCSA seems sort of...well....simple. Thanks!

    --
    MCP/MCDST/A+/Network+/Server+/CNA

    Joe Gigliotti, Jul 12, 2006

  2. Joe Gigliotti

    Dennis Guest

    From what I understand from the Microsoft website and from contacting them
    about a similar issue, to get your MCDST you need to pass 70-271 and 70-272.

    For MCSA you need 70-270, 70-290, 70-291 plus one elective which include:
    089, 227, 228, 284, 299, 350, or 431.

    Hope that helps
    --
    Cheers,

    Dennis

    Dennis, Jul 12, 2006

  3. Joe Gigliotti

    Marek Chmel Guest

    Instead of elective you can use MSDST, A+, Network+, Server+ or
    Security+ as it is written on MS web.

    Marek

    Marek Chmel, Jul 12, 2006
  4. Joe Gigliotti

    AJR Guest

    Dennis is corrected - 70-270 is also required in addition to 70-290 and
    7-291. The exam 70-272 -"Supporting Users....on a Microsoft Windows XP OS"
    from MCDST does not substitute for 70-270 "Installing, Configuring...XP
    Professional" - MCSA..

    AJR, Jul 12, 2006
  5. Joe Gigliotti

    Garth H Guest

    You're spot on.

    According to the requirements page

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcsa/windows2003/

    MCDST counts as an elective.

    That said, don't think for one second that it is an "easy" cert. Even if
    you think 70-290 is "easy", 70-291 will still be a challenge as it
    really forces you to think about networking the Microsoft Way, versus
    networking in most production environments.

    Good Luck!!
    --
    Garth H

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Macromedia Certified Developer

    Garth H, Jul 12, 2006
  6. Joe Gigliotti

    Dennis Guest

    The worst part is that I found 290 harder than 291... I guess after failing
    290 a few times I realized I better know my crap before going into the
    exam... God bless the Second Shot free.
    --
    Cheers,

    Dennis

    Dennis, Jul 13, 2006
  7. You need to take 70-272 and 70-291. Good Luck!

    Adrian Mereanu, Jul 14, 2006
  8. Joe Gigliotti

    Garth H Guest

    Did you use and exam sims to see if you were ready, or did you just go
    in thinking you were good to go?

    Garth H, Jul 15, 2006